Your first place Chicago White Sox!

southsider2k5

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
CHW  76 56 --

MIN 74 58 2

CLE 64 67 11.5

DET 64 68 12

KCR 56 76 20

sooooooo....is Detroit still in the race or not?

1000 runs...eh, maybe 800 if you cross your fingers and do all your chores...you silly whores

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Back to 20 games over .500. Beautiful.

makes it hard to think about all the games that we definitely should've won (that game against the A's not too long ago, the game against CLE at the beginning of the year, the game against the BoSox where Danksy had his no-no through 6+, as well as Javy's no-no through 5+, there are a number of other games i'd have to look back to as well... sigh)

we could very easily be 25-30 games / .500 at this point, but i'll take where we are right now, just keep winning please..

we're on pace to score ~840 runs, with ~240 homeruns @_@

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
makes it hard to think about all the games that we definitely should've won (that game against the A's not too long ago, the game against CLE at the beginning of the year, the game against the BoSox where Danksy had his no-no through 6+, as well as Javy's no-no through 5+, there are a number of other games i'd have to look back to as well... sigh)

we could very easily be 25-30 games / .500 at this point, but i'll take where we are right now, just keep winning please..

Every team in baseball has a few that got away every year.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)

In the balance, we have also stolen a lot of games we had no business winning this year.

BTW, 30 games to go...

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 06:15 AM)
Is it time to bring back the pre-season prediction thread? I think we have already surpassed the victory total that some of the more pessimistic posters predicted.

No need to bring it back with me. I know I predicted .500 and thats if a few of the youngsters came through. Wth Danks and Floyd pitching great and Quentin and Alexei hitting lights out. This season has been a really nice surprise.

I generally try not to watch the scoreboard during most of the season. It's just too damn long of a season and I like to smooth out the bumps. Now I'm checking the other games and catching the fever. And it's not the kind of fever that is cured with more cowbells. I'm laughing at Cleveland and their

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 07:40 AM)
I generally try not to watch the scoreboard during most of the season. It's just too damn long of a season and I like to smooth out the bumps. Now I'm checking the other games and catching the fever. And it's not the kind of fever that is cured with more cowbells. I'm laughing at Cleveland and their

The pennant race fever and scoreboard watching is one of my favorite things about baseball....every single day there is a game with not only your team, but with their closest competitor, that can directly affect your postseason life...

wed. afternoon, driving home, at the gym, wherever I was, i had my cell phone on the MIN/SEA gamecast the entire time, following it intensely hoping for the sweep (damn you sean green)...

September should bring excitement for me, but am I the only one that seems to get all the anxiety and rare excitement? If we win at this point its that we should win, if we lose it throws me overboard. It's so hard, but so much better than being apathetic in Sept.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
September should bring excitement for me, but am I the only one that seems to get all the anxiety and rare excitement? If we win at this point its that we should win, if we lose it throws me overboard. It's so hard, but so much better than being apathetic in Sept.

Only natural. 90% of us feel the same.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)

i won't be excited until we clinch the division.

i plan on being pretty excited that night.

the next day, i'll be anxious about our playoff opponent. i'm looking forward to that anxiety.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)

the next day, i'll be anxious about our playoff opponent. i'm looking forward to that anxiety.

The next day, I'll be hungover!

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)

Agreed. Except in 05 when I wasn't nervous about any playoff opponent. God that was fun.

This year though, yeah, I'm going to be very nervous about who the Sox play.

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
Agreed. Except in 05 when I wasn't nervous about any playoff opponent. God that was fun.

This year though, yeah, I'm going to be very nervous about who the Sox play.

I must confess that was nervous about every post seaason series in '05. Hell, a series can turn on one umpires call at the right moment. I offer the AJ dropped third strike call as a classic example.