2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the double play setup and blah blah blah, but that was just stupid to walk Lee to get to Ramirez. Ramirez is their best player, best clutch hitter, and best hitter period. You don't intentionally put a 2nd man on base to get to him, and if anything, you try and get Lee out and then walk Ramirez so you don't have to pitch to him. Him coming up with the big hit there was just so predictable, and he happened to hit the damn thing out of the ballpark. I just don't understand managers sometimes, that was a prime case where common sense would have been a better idea than just setting up the double play.

Harden didn't even look that good, as the Giants lineup today had 3 guys who should be starting in the majors. With that said, there's little doubt the Cubs are the best team in baseball. I'll be rooting like hell for the AL on Tuesday.

Harden didn't even look that good, as the Giants lineup today had 3 guys who should be starting in the majors. With that said, there's little doubt the Cubs are the best team in baseball. I'll be rooting like hell for the AL on Tuesday.

Marmol meltdown!