2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Good start for Zambrano. So you're saying 110 pitches after returning from a sore shoulder isn't a good idea?

I would have love to have seen Lou try to take Z out of the game when he had a no-hitter. I think Z might have murdered somebody just to stay in that game.

Maybe they should get Z on the Rich Harden rest plan. It'll be interesting to see how they throw in the playoffs, that's for sure. It seems like Dempster is the only guy they can count on when on regular rest.

As for Cubs fans dislike of Derrek Lee, it's simple. He had that once in a lifetime career year in 2005, and Cubs fan refuse to/are unable to realize that what he did in 2004 and what he's done last year and this year is more of what Derrek Lee really is. He's a victim of unrealistic expectations.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
Maybe they should get Z on the Rich Harden rest plan. It'll be interesting to see how they throw in the playoffs, that's for sure. It seems like Dempster is the only guy they can count on when on regular rest.

As for Cubs fans dislike of Derrek Lee, it's simple. He had that once in a lifetime career year in 2005, and Cubs fan refuse to/are unable to realize that what he did in 2004 and what he's done last year and this year is more of what Derrek Lee really is. He's a victim of unrealistic expectations.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/leede02.shtml

Intereting, I never looked at Lee's numbers before. Yeah his '05 OPS + was about 50 points higher than his career average and about 40 points higher than his second highest seasons. Also his RC/G avg that year was about 4 runs greater than his career average.

He's is still a solid player, especially with the sick defense he plays

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)

Intereting, I never looked at Lee's numbers before. Yeah his '05 OPS + was about 50 points higher than his career average and about 40 points higher than his second highest seasons. Also his RC/G avg that year was about 4 runs greater than his career average.

His defense has been awful this season (by his standards)...I believe he has double digit errors.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
His defense has been awful this season (by his standards)...I believe he has double digit errors.

wow, that old saying about "you learn something new everyday", well toady my education is in D-Lee.

Has it effected A-Ram's defense? When I was in school and could watch a lot more baseball, Lee saved him a lot throwing errors

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 01:22 PM)

He is a very similar player to Konerko actually.

Isn't Lee older than Konerko by a small amount. I think he was nice player but cubville wants him to be Pujols.

I didn't realize Zambrano was beat up that much. It would be typical cub fashion that he go down and they lose and the story be his no-hitter not that he pitched unnecessarily.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Isn't Lee older than Konerko by a small amount. I think he was nice player but cubville wants him to be Pujols.

I didn't realize Zambrano was beat up that much. It would be typical cub fashion that he go down and they lose and the story be his no-hitter not that he pitched unnecessarily.

Yes he is older than Kong.

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Apparently Z had his grandmother die last night and it sounds like he went to see her and flew back for the game.

I heard on the radio that he agreed to come back to pitch so he could "be a hero".

Then when it doesn't work out that way, he spins out of control.

Mature.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
I heard on the radio that he agreed to come back to pitch so he could "be a hero".

Then when it doesn't work out that way, he spins out of control.

Mature.

And it wouldnt even of made him a hero.

You have a f***ing 9 game lead!