2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

My friend, who is a Cubs fan, just sent me a panicked text saying some guy on WGN sports said the Cubs are "a bit worried about Zambrano's rotator cuff", and thus he's having a more detailed MRI involving a dye injection tomorrow, which is why they put off his MRI today. We can only hope.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would I hope for that? Zambrano was scheduled to miss this series anyways and we have done well vs him in the past. I have no problem with Cubs having success, Im only rooting for one team but its great for the city when both are going well.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:31 AM)
why would I hope for that? Zambrano was scheduled to miss this series anyways and we have done well vs him in the past. I have no problem with Cubs having success, Im only rooting for one team but its great for the city when both are going well.

Yeah, some success on the north side might make the fans insufferable, but I don't wish an injury on any player. And in Zambrano's case, isn't being unhinged and psychotic enough?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:20 AM)
Yeah, some success on the north side might make the fans insufferable, but I don't wish an injury on any player. And in Zambrano's case, isn't being unhinged and psychotic enough?

maybe he was really getting into IM'ing his brother the last week

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:19 AM)
Cubs fans are now praising Marriotti for his latest article. I really want to respect their fans as much as possible, but following Idiot Jay is pretty f-in retarded.

I really hope he gets fired from the SunTimes, but it isn't gonna happen. Even after this whole Marioti vs. Telander feud.

just saw this nugget....IN ADDITION to playing in the AAAA league called the national league...the cubs have played a grand total of 17 games against teams over .500 vs. 55 games against teams under .500

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
the only thing Cubs fans should be worrying about, if they actually care about winning a WS, is Zambrano's shoulder. If it's serious they are pretty well screwed

Yep. BUt they are instead worried about quotes in the paper, sox fans up north, and "bandwagon" Sox fans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
He recently got a 3 year contract extention.

I dont understand why they keep Marriotti, most cub fans find him as intolerable as sox fans.... and if a Cubs fan is going to buy a paper for the sports section its going to be the Tribune... and obviously no whitesox fan is going to buy the Suntimes because of him. Be nice for a paper to show a little class and fire the most classless reporter in the city.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
My friend, who is a Cubs fan, just sent me a panicked text saying some guy on WGN sports said the Cubs are "a bit worried about Zambrano's rotator cuff", and thus he's having a more detailed MRI involving a dye injection tomorrow, which is why they put off his MRI today. We can only hope.

I hope we give the Cubs a (Jermaine) Dye injection tomorrow. :headbang

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
Shoulder strain for Zambrano, nothing serious....shocking!

You know what,that could turn into him missing a month and a half in regards to the Cub organization.They are great at the "mystery pain" kind of injury that drags out for an extended period of time.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
You know what,that could turn into him missing a month and a half in regards to the Cub organization.They are great at the "mystery pain" kind of injury that drags out for an extended period of time.

I heard they expect him to face the Sox next weekend in all likelihood.

This was in the game thread, but supposedly Farmer and Stone were saying how suspicious the maturation process of G. Soto has been from medicore minor league hitter to premiere offensive hitting catcher. With Stone's connections to the Cubs, this is as close to a declaration of guilt as you'll get without a positive test.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
This was in the game thread, but supposedly Farmer and Stone were saying how suspicious the maturation process of G. Soto has been from medicore minor league hitter to premiere offensive hitting catcher. With Stone's connections to the Cubs, this is as close to a declaration of guilt as you'll get without a positive test.

Yeah, I was listening in for that. Stoney went off on a nice little discussion of how Soto had never hit more than 5 home runs in his career over 6 years or so and suddenly already has 12 this year and has turned in to one of their most dangerous hitters.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
I dont understand why they keep Marriotti, most cub fans find him as intolerable as sox fans.... and if a Cubs fan is going to buy a paper for the sports section its going to be the Tribune... and obviously no whitesox fan is going to buy the Suntimes because of him. Be nice for a paper to show a little class and fire the most classless reporter in the city.

Because Marioti is a controversial writer, that sells papers. Plus, he's on ESPN daily, something that gives the Sun Times publicity.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:02 PM)
Yeah, I was listening in for that. Stoney went off on a nice little discussion of how Soto had never hit more than 5 home runs in his career over 6 years or so and suddenly already has 12 this year and has turned in to one of their most dangerous hitters.

PEDs...no doubt.

If Cubs fans were some how miraculously on this board, they'd point to TCQ.

I would come in his defense and show them his amazing minor league and college numbers. :).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)

Combine this with Dempster following suit and all of a sudden you've got the whole town buzzing about "It's Gonna Happen". A bunch of them probably sat down and said look, it's been 100 years, all the attention will be on us, we can be gods in this city forever, why not? The reward outweighs the risk tenfold. And it pisses me off.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
LOLOLOLOLOLOL at Bob Brenley

"Nick Markakis is like a left-handed Reed Johnson"

And to think Cubs could have had him instead of Ryan Harvey. Of course, they could have had the best prospect in baseball, Wieters, if they wanted to.