2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why the cubs game doesn't have commentators? I just turned on the HD station to check the score and no one talked the whole top of the 6th.

Edit - Nevermind, it's just the HD that's messed up. I thought they were doing some sort of tribute.

Edited by SexiAlexei

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 08:44 AM)
Randy Johnson flat out owns the Cubs, I think last night put him at 13-0 against them over his career

Which amazes me cuz players come and go from the Cubs. You would think they would beat him 2-1 or something sometime.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
Which amazes me cuz players come and go from the Cubs. You would think they would beat him 2-1 or something sometime.

Yeah, it's one of those odd things in baseball. He's had 14 starts and something like a 1.84 ERA against them, WHIP under 1.00, 142 Ks in 102 innings

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pi/psplit.cgi?n1=johnsra05

Anyone see Aramis Ramirez hot dog a fly ball in the 3rd? He gave a little jump, flipped the bat and thought it was gone. Then the ball was caught on the warning track and Ramirez looked dumbfounded throwing his helmet to the ground. Naturally the two Cub idiots didn't say jack about it besides getting excited because they thought it was a homer as well.

Too bad, too sad. The team who "will finally win a WS" thus is "scary good" and could "win the division by 7-11 games" is only 1 game up. And, with CC and Sheets going the next 2 days for Milwaukee, the Cubs may be sharing a lead of 1st with the Brew-Crew fairly quickly.