2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
Hell of a call and made the right decision by throwing out a first base coach for being a baby.

Love how Len and Bob cannot admit that he was out.

Well he was getting tossed immediately, umpires don't listen to base coaches or put up with their s***, ever.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Well he was getting tossed immediately, umpires don't listen to base coaches or put up with their s***, ever.

Good thing Sinatro bumped him as well.

I love how cubs fans voice their displeasure, throw s*** on the field. I was at the Cell when we swept them and it was the first time in a long time i've seen that many beers thrown near the field. Why has that become their expression of choice?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
First off, he was out, lay off Drake.

Second of all, sliding makes it 10x harder to judge the play. It's retarded to slide head first, just stupid.

Then you are gonna get tossed as a nobody first base coach throwing your hat, then he bumped him, then Piniella made an ass of himself, and bumped another umpire.

Lay off Drake and don't mix in anything else that he has or hasn't done. Guy did one hell of a job.

As an umpire, no one should ever know your name unless you're really good, or really bad.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
As an umpire, no one should ever know your name unless you're really good, or really bad.

Who gives a s***. I know the names of plenty of umpires, it's not hard if you pay attention. Now you're just jumping on him for what has happened in the past. Umpires don't create situations like that, the plays cause it. It didn't matter who banged him out there, could have been Joe West, and an argument was gonna ensue.

And, you were wrong about the call. He f***in nailed it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
Who gives a s***. I know the names of plenty of umpires, it's not hard if you pay attention. Now you're just jumping on him for what has happened in the past. Umpires don't create situations like that, the plays cause it. It didn't matter who banged him out there, could have been Joe West, and an argument was gonna ensue.

And, you were wrong about the call. He f***in nailed it.

And that's why I went back and edited that post.

The fact that he got it right still doesn't change the fact that he's a crappy ump.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
And that's why I went back and edited that post.

The fact that he got it right still doesn't change the fact that he's a crappy ump.

You can think what you want I guess, but I love fans who just get on umps.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
You can think what you want I guess, but I love fans who just get on umps.

You can't honestly tell me that he's been doing a good job in games that we've watched him?

I rarely ever get on an ump, cause I've umped before, and it's a thankless job.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
You can't honestly tell me that he's been doing a good job in games that we've watched him?

I rarely ever get on an ump, cause I've umped before, and it's a thankless job.

I don't really know the Ozzie ejection game too much to be honest, but ejecting someone or controversial calls that find you don't make you a bad ump.

What's unfair is now he'll have a worse reputation because of a close play that anyone could have experienced along with coaches making asses out of themselves and him having to eject them. I mean even your reaction was 'rob drake is horrible.' And even though he got it right, because that's not even the biggest argument here, let's pretend like he missed it. Anyone could have at that point, regardless of minor league umpire or whatever. That thing was a true banger with a stupid assed slide to make it way tougher to call. And now general fans will just notice Drake was in on some controversy again, he must suck. It doesn't help that Brenly and Kaspar can't even admit he's out on a replay, which he is on every angle they have. Just makes the Cubs fans watching throw more garbage at their TV.

That's what's unfair about it is all I'm saying.

DeRosa caused the whole thing by being retarded to begin with.

I don't mean to single you out Heads, I know you don't do it all the time. It's funny to come on here after any really close play that goes against the Sox, and read the bulls*** that follows, every time. And this is after seeing 20 replays in slow motion, and/or not knowing rules and being biased as hell (see: Cabrera interference in Cleveland). Like the games are fixed, and umpires should get every single call right every time. And then Hawk adds to it via TV, calling every pitch from his seat 100 feet away or on a TV monitor.

BTW, I can't wait to hear what Piniella and Sinatro have to say for themselves post game. Wrong about the calls, and then both bump umpires.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Back to something we can agree on, watching the Cubs bullpen blow games is awesome.

Odds of garbage being on the field when the cubs lose? 1-1.

WGN did a good job trying to hide the first garbage dump, but we all caught it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 26, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Odds of garbage being on the field when the cubs lose? 1-1.

WGN did a good job trying to hide the first garbage dump, but we all caught it.

They have designated guys with specially designed garbage bag backpacks to pick up the s*** they throw on their "shrine."

Cubs lose on my 3rd and final trip to Wrigley this year. They went 1-2 in games I went to, so I feel I brought sufficient bad luck. And yeah, the fans threw crap all over the field after the correct call on Hanley's great play, good times. I love watching those Marlins play, and being at Wrigley the day the Cubs stranglehold on 1st place by themselves ended was wonderful.