TV Theme Music Adaptations

Texsox

While I am a big Who fan, and CSI has done a nice job of using their songs for their themes, and they also seem to fit, Don't Get Fooled Again, Who Are You, etc. my favorite right now is Elvis Little More Action for Vegas.

I'm thinking of tunes that were not originally written for the show.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 09:52 AM)
While I am a big Who fan, and CSI has done a nice job of using their songs for their themes, and they also seem to fit, Don't Get Fooled Again, Who Are You, etc. my favorite right now is Elvis Little More Action for Vegas.

I'm thinking of tunes that were not originally written for the show.

I still don't understand why one of the CSI's didn't use "The Seeker." Or maybe it does...I couldn't take it anymore after CSI: Lubbock.

My favorite adapted theme, albeit not the original recorded version, is the one they used for That 70s Show.

I know of maybe two posters here who realize that the "Hanging out!. . . Down the street!. . . " song they sing at the beginning of the show was originally a kickin' tune from the most underappreciated band in rock and roll, Big Star.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
My favorite adapted theme, albeit not the original recorded version, is the one they used for That 70s Show.

I know of maybe two posters here who realize that the "Hanging out!. . . Down the street!. . . " song they sing at the beginning of the show was originally a kickin' tune from the most under appreciated band in rock and roll, Big Star.

The first couple of seasons they used Rundgren's original.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
The first couple of seasons they used Rundgren's original.

It's not a Todd song (although one episode focused on them trying and failing to get to a Todd concert).

The version of "In the Street" from the first season was sung by Todd Griffin, not Todd Rundgren. Then in the second season, the song was done by Cheap Trick and that's the version they all sing to in the most familiar intro. I get a kick out of the Cheap Trick version because of the self-homage at the end - the "We're all Alright" outro that they lifted from "Surrender".

The Big Star original version is a little down-tempo from both of the show versions, and it's classic Alex Chilton and Chris Bell.