4/12 Gamethread: Sox (5-4) vs. Detroit (2-8); 12:05, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Maverick0984 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Were you watching the end of the game?

haha no i was wayyyy behind on mlbtv...so i get it now, haha i know chicago isnt on any major fault line but you always hear that the new madrid fault is a sleeping giant that could go any minute....i didnt see the jenks play til a good 3 or 4 min after i read the post...haha whups

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Man....they really hate Leyland over there.

Probably because he's not a very good manager. The idea that 2006 was his doing is a myth. As much as I have hated on Ozzie over the years, he was far more responsible for our 2005 than Leyland was for their 2006.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
Probably because he's not a very good manager. The idea that 2006 was his doing is a myth. As much as I have hated on Ozzie over the years, he was far more responsible for our 2005 than Leyland was for their 2006.

He took a horrible team that won 49,72 and 71 games the previous 3 years, and took them into the WS his first season. If he had nothing to do with the Tigers success, no manager in history has had anything to do with a team's success.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
He took a horrible team that won 49,72 and 71 games the previous 3 years, and took them into the WS his first season. If he had nothing to do with the Tigers success, no manager in history has had anything to do with a team's success.

Jim Leyland should tithe to Dave Dombrowski, he's done the vast majority of the work that has caused Leyland's good resume to exist.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Check out the Philly board:

good read

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69339

"I always thought Floyd and Hamels were the future, guarenteed.

Actually, I admit I was positive Floyd would be the better of the two..."

We'll gladly take Hamels on the South Side...