4/12 Gamethread: Sox (5-4) vs. Detroit (2-8); 12:05, CSN

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Both have pretty damn good ones, but it seems to me that Floyd's has more vertical movement, or inside out action. Bobby just drops the 12-6 hammer when he throws a curve

That's true....Jenks gets more swings and misses because the hitter is ready for the faster fastball. Floyd seems to throw his for called strikes a lot.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Verlander is bound to have a CG today. the chisox hitters aren't even thinking about taking a pitch.

just what the tigers needed to save their PEN.

The games yesterday and today are exactly why the pitching rotation is the key for this team. Even a good offense like this one (minus Uribe) will have some bad stretches. Pitching is key. The bullpen mostly looks good, the defense is pretty solid (minus Dye) - the rotation is the key.

If Floyd keeps up his... uhh... pace... I think you have to leave him in regardless of his pitch count.

Agreed. I know he's young but we all get the point here.

on to another topic, i like AJ leading off. odds are he'll get on base one way or another and set the table nicely for guys like Quentin and Crede.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
He started this half inning by saying:

"One run on two hits and no errors for our Sox, and no runs, no hits, no errors for the Tigers".

That's fine actually, you just can't go and blurt it out though. I have heard him do that before too.