4/13 Gamethread: Sox (6-4) vs. Detroit (2-9); 1:05, WGN

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
It's the regular lineup today, per Reifert's blog.

i really like ozzie's stability that he has shown this far this year...epecially considering that last year we used the same lineup like 4 times only, and had like 90 different lineups or something

Edited by daa84

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
I hope Quentin gets real hot the next week or so. The Sox have only attempted 1 stolen base in 10 games. I have a feeling Ozzie is dying for a reason to insert Owens after a few rehab games. I say make him a pinch runner. Getting guys on base, then hitting homers works pretty well.

Could Ozzie's use of Carlos Quentin in the leadoff spot -- as opposed to Ozuna or Ramirez -- be a sign of a total shift in leadoff-man philosophy for Ozzie Guillen? Has he finally come around to the theory that OBP > Speed at the top? Or am I just being overly optimistic?

QUOTE (southsidehawkeye @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 11:27 AM)
Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if we see Ramirez get a start soon... but not today. But maybe next time we face a fastball pitcher.

If Alexei is only going to play once every two weeks, he may as well be in Triple A. He is not learning anything sitting on the bench next to Joey Cora.

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 11:13 AM)
If Alexei is only going to play once every two weeks, he may as well be in Triple A. He is not learning anything sitting on the bench next to Joey Cora.

agreed. I'd like to see him start at SS for Charlotte, playing everyday. He could be our SS of the not-to-distant future, but first he needs a lot of playing time there. Needs to work on his D.

I'd much rather have Bourgouis or Rouse be on the bench then Ramirez.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
Could Ozzie's use of Carlos Quentin in the leadoff spot -- as opposed to Ozuna or Ramirez -- be a sign of a total shift in leadoff-man philosophy for Ozzie Guillen? Has he finally come around to the theory that OBP > Speed at the top? Or am I just being overly optimistic?

Well, the Swisher/Quentin lead-off combo, combined with the consistency of the line-up, as well as the playing time Quentin in receiving gives me hope that this is the case.

I don't think we can really be certain until Owens comes back. Only then will I be convinced.

He has said as much. I think his actions suggest that you have to take him at his word.

Det Lineup:

Thomas CF

Renteria SS

Sheffield DH

Ordonez RF

Cabrera 3B

Jones LF

Thames 1B

Inge C

Santiage 2B

Sox Lineup: Same old same old

Swisher CF

Cabreara SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Pierzynski C

Quentin LF

Crede 3B

Uribe 2B

Really would like to see Ozuna or Ramirez once in a while seems Uribe is due for an off day.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
Cloudy and temps around 40. Shouldn't rain. Breezy.

A minutes ago, Dan Roan was out on the Fan Deck and it was pretty sunny, looks cold though.

BTW, Ozzie just said "Jake Jones." :lol:

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
I'm getting so sick of seeing Uribe and his .176 average and .567 OPS in the lineup everyday... other then that, no complaints.

I'm not extremely happy about his success at the plate either, but I'm just beginning to wonder....

When will Sox fans realize that their are two phases of the game for position players? Offense AND Defense. I for one, have been extremely pleased with the play at 2b from Juan thus far. He is our 9th hitter (except when Toby Hall plays, hah), not everyone in the lineup needs to be some OPS hog (although it would be ideal).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
I'm not extremely happy about his success at the plate either, but I'm just beginning to wonder....

When will Sox fans realize that their are two phases of the game for position players? Offense AND Defense. I for one, have been extremely pleased with the play at 2b from Juan thus far. He is our 9th hitter (except when Toby Hall plays, hah), not everyone in the lineup needs to be some OPS hog (although it would be ideal).

I was actually wondering how the reaction would be if Richar or Ramirez came in and hit in the .250-.270 range, yet were miserable in the field.

Last year Uribe was a liability to the extreme because the entire team wasnt hitting, and his overall defense was suffering as well. But with the team hitting well right now, and with Uribe providing great-stellar defense, I really dont have many complaints about snacks and cakes right now. He is even taking walks every once in a while

We aren't going to take Uribe out because there isn't anyone on this team that can play second base like him, and thats that really.

I wish he would hit more too, but I'll take him hitting .200 if the rest of the guys are hitting, and he is throwing the leather around.