4/13 Gamethread: Sox (6-4) vs. Detroit (2-9); 1:05, WGN

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
immelman and snedeker feeling hte tiger pressure early? both bogey 1

Tiger has never come back on the last day to win,it aint gonna happen although I wish it will.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Ha, yes. I forgot how much Geoff Jenkins sucks. I was laughing how both Chicago teams are facing old lefty starters.

haha i thought the same thing...moyer and rogers are basicaly the same pitcher...how sad is that philly OF D? Burrell Werth and Jenkins? yuck

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
Nice rip by Crede, just right at Jones. I think Quentin will do a lot of damage vs Rogers, as his pitch speed is perfect for his swing.

Fathom,

Do you at all seem to think that Quentin tries to hit too many homers? It just doesn't seem like he ever hits any line drives...all pop ups and ground balls. Not that he doesn't hit the ball hard, but just doesn't seem to hit too many liners...his swing seems a bit loopy to me.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
Fathom,

Do you at all seem to think that Quentin tries to hit too many homers? It just doesn't seem like he ever hits any line drives...all pop ups and ground balls. Not that he doesn't hit the ball hard, but just doesn't seem to hit too many liners...his swing seems a bit loopy to me.

i know you asked fathom his opinion, but ill give mine as well

i think quentins a smart hitter...he does swing hard when he has a count or when he gets "his" pitch to hit...but weve seen him shorten up a few times with 2 strikes and hit liners back up the middle...i for one have no problem with his approach, and i think he will be successful with it

btw javy looks real good

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)

Sounds like a perfect fit for us, no wonder Kenny wanted him. :lolhitting :headbang

And there it is, nice and very easy inning. Keep it up Javy.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Fathom,

I've seen quite a few liners by him between the 3rd baseman and shortstop. I was told yesterday that he's still not completely healthy, and that as his shoulder improves, he'll get more bat speed.

Edited by fathom