4/14 Gamethread: Sox (7-4) vs. Oakland (8-5); 7:11, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisoxfan79 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
The other day when I saw that Buehrle was getting pushed back to face Oakland I wondered why I know MB has not had sucess against Oakland and had alot of sucess against Detriot so I wonder why they did this

It's been said that the A's haven't hit lefties this season. Then they lit up CC if I'm not mistaken.

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
I wouldn't exactly say that 2 runs allowed through 6 innings is a bad start. Also, since when is 6+ innings bad?

Uh...when did I say that? His pitch count is at 90.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:32 AM)
It's been said that the A's haven't hit lefties this season. Then they lit up CC if I'm not mistaken.

Well our staff should still take into consideration that MB has not had sucess against the A's ever

QUOTE (chisoxfan79 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
Well our staff should still take into consideration that MB has not had sucess against the A's ever

Well I can't argue with that logic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
You know, reading this thread about how Bad Buehrle's doing, you'd think he'd given up like 7 or 8 runs. He's given up 2 runs through 6, and both of them are the direct result of Mike Sweeney.

Well, I agree, but these aren't exactly the 27' Yankees he's facing here either....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
You know, reading this thread about how Bad Buehrle's doing, you'd think he'd given up like 7 or 8 runs. He's given up 2 runs through 6, and both of them are the direct result of Mike Sweeney.

Well, everything is relative. But I agree it's our pathetic hitting that is losing us this game.