4/14 Gamethread: Sox (7-4) vs. Oakland (8-5); 7:11, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many more years do the Sox have to pay Jim Thome $16 million per year? and all of you sarcastic sids can save your breath saying zero because he makes $15.6 million. My question is, how many more years are left on Thome's contract? he's going to be 40 years old soon and looks more like Gary Sheffield each and every day.

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:18 AM)
How many more years do the Sox have to pay Jim Thome $16 million per year?

This is why we should be signing Crede to along term deal and switching Fields to 1B. Konerko can DH and play 1B changing off with Josh F. Did I mention we should sign Crede to along term deal?

Thome has to sit. He's had 2 RBI's since the first game of the season. He is totally lost. I think some of the umpiring got in his head and he's losing his strike zone judgment.

How many more years do the Sox have to pay Jim Thome $16 million per year? and all of you sarcastic sids can save your breath saying zero because he makes $15.6 million. My question is, how many more years are left on Thome's contract? he's going to be 40 years old soon and looks more like Gary Sheffield each and every day.

I absolutely LOVE how everyone responds to things on this site. It's been a couple of weeks into the season, that's it. I guess we should have dumped Paulie the first time he went into a slump. Hilarious...

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:20 AM)
Thome has no clue at the plate right now. He will not see another fastball until he proves he can lay off the slow in the dirt s***. He is pathetic right now. I would have rather them pinch hit Anderson that AB

WHERE IS PABLO!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
This is why we should be signing Crede to along term deal and switching Fields to 1B. Konerko can DH and play 1B changing off with Josh F. Did I mention we should sign Crede to along term deal?

I don't want Fields at 1st....just cause we want him on the field....

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)
I absolutely LOVE how everyone responds to things on this site. It's been a couple of weeks into the season, that's it. I guess we should have dumped Paulie the first time he went into a slump. Hilarious...

It's different with an aging player who gets hurt his fair share of times.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)

That's actually the first time I've ever said that. The Red Sox benched Ortiz, so why the hell not?