4/14 Gamethread: Sox (7-4) vs. Oakland (8-5); 7:11, CSN

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:05 AM)
I agree. Why so careful with him, but not with the other guys? Buehrle made only 3 starts last September, was pushed back in spring training and pushed back a game in the first 2 weeks of the season. It may not be something serious, but there has to be something.

When he was struggling in 2006, wasn't it because he was throwing everything to the outside corner?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
When he was struggling in 2006, wasn't it because he was throwing everything to the outside corner?

I personally think he's a guy who usually during his career has had pinpoint control. I think when his location is off, even just a couple of inches, he's very hittable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
That was the worst inning by our 3-4-5 in three years.

Have you just erased the beginning of last season from your memory? Probably a good idea! Seemed like we saw that inning once every game from even the middle of our lineup

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 01:10 AM)
Have you just erased the beginning of last season from your memory? Probably a good idea! Seemed like we saw that inning once every game from even the middle of our lineup

Yes, but rarely do you see Konerko swing and miss as bad as he did on that 0-1 count.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
Buehrle was throwing 88 on his fastball and 78 on his changeup to Mark Ellis.

He might be losing velocity out of the stretch. I saw the 88, but then he was throwing 85 once a man was on base.