4/15 Gamethread: Sox (7-5) vs. Oakland (9-5); 1:05, CSN

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
If and when Owens is ready I would expect Ramirez to go down for seasoning. I wonder why Anderson isn't starting since Ozzie appears to have made wholesale changes in this line up.

It's not even worth arguing about anymore.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
But, one would like to get a straight answer from Ozzie

I would love to see other teams scouting reports on him from the Spring. The non-devious theory would be he still has a swing that would get exposed if he was an everyday hitter

With AJ out of the lineup, we have to hope Swisher and Crede can come up big. I wanted Ozzie to shake up the lineup, but this seems more like a spring traing split-squad team. I wonder if Toby Hall will still be on this team in two weeks.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Atleast that was a 18-20 pitch inning for Eveland. I can't wait until Chicago's 3-4-5 hitters start hitting with consistency.

A's bullpen is pretty good, and considering how righty dominant we are today, a right handed pitcher could come in and shut down this lineup.

its clear to me that oakland scouts very well and places great emphasis on pitching to our weakness, because they have thrown nothing but changeups...i wish we would do more of that...maybe then we would start throwing guys like inge offspeed stuff

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
With AJ out of the lineup, we have to hope Swisher and Crede can come up big. I wanted Ozzie to shake up the lineup, but this seems more like a spring traing split-squad team. I wonder if Toby Hall will still be on this team in two weeks.

You know he will. Who's gonna take his place?

Our top 2 guys are getting on base, and getting into scoring postion. Our meat of the order needs to start f***ing hitting. Oh and for the Speed coalition that calls the radio station asking for owens to start, Dye needs to hit the ball out of the infield for even the mighty speed of owens to score.

Our meat of the order needs to man the f*** up.

That's wishful thinking. What are they going to do? Will they just cut him and eat $1.65 million? That would be like the Florida Marlins' 2nd highest paid player. The highest paid Marlin is closer Kevin Gregg at $2.5 million.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
its clear to me that oakland scouts very well and places great emphasis on pitching to our weakness, because they have thrown nothing but changeups...i wish we would do more of that...maybe then we would start throwing guys like inge offspeed stuff

Its the same formula as its always been.

Low and away, and on 2 strikes breaking pitches out of the zone, or changeups in the dirt.

Check out the times we get 3-2 and they throw a changeup.