4/15 Gamethread: Sox (7-5) vs. Oakland (9-5); 1:05, CSN

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
The wind kept that one in the yard, and a very nice catch by Carlos.

What a pleasant surprise this guy has become. He's definitely earned his spot in the lineup.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
What a pleasant surprise this guy has become. He's definitely earned his spot in the lineup.

i was always very surprised the dbacks gave byrnes such a big contract, especially with young, upton gonzalez jackson and quentin....but i guess its worked out for them, they turned gonzalez into haren, moved jackson to 1b, and are obviously having great success with it....and that surplus allowed us to nab quentin cheap...

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
Wow, Danks is only 23? It's amazing that Rich Hill is 28 and the media slobs his knob, but Danks is 5 years younger and he is nitpicked

Indeed, Danks 23rd birthday is today, and Hill turned 28 five weeks ago. Hill did win 11 games and had an ERA around 4 last year to be fair, but Danks long term prospects are much better IMO now that people have seen the Rich Hill act and realize why he was never anybody in the majors until age 27.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
Wow, Danks is only 23? It's amazing that Rich Hill is 28 and the media slobs his knob, but Danks is 5 years younger and he is nitpicked

yeah danks was very young at every single stop in the minors, as he was pushed through because of texas's lack of pitching...honestly, he was a top prospect at the age of 21 at the beginning of last year and pitched real well...the guy has alot more upside than i think alot of people give him credit for...i mean if it came down to danks vs. jon lester (another guy whos knob gets slobbed) im not sure who id prefer

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
This offense is looking pretty bad. The temporary implosion of the A pitcher and a defensive gaff are the only reason any runs have scored. This is a huge inning.

"Temporary inplosions" aka walks are the main reason the Sox have scored most of their runs this season, and that is not a crime.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
"Temporary inplosions" aka walks are the main reason the Sox have scored most of their runs this season, and that is not a crime.

I agree and it is really nice to see them finally taking advantage of this but last night and today the offense seems to be giving away a ton of at-bats.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
I agree and it is really nice to see them finally taking advantage of this but last night and today the offense seems to be giving away a ton of at-bats.

Doesn't matter as long as they score more runs and have great pitching.