4/15 Gamethread: Sox (7-5) vs. Oakland (9-5); 1:05, CSN

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
I really don't like the "Early in the count" swinging we're doing this inning after the success we had taking pitches last inning.

And Just as I say that, Joe works a 3-1 count and drives in a run. Joe Crede > the 2 rapid swingers in front of him right now.

The White Sox have drawn at least 4 walks in all but one win this year (the 2-1 game in Cleveland), and at least 5 walks in all but 2 wins this season entering today. Today, we've drawn 3 walks and been hit by 2 pitches (one of each lead to the home run being of the 3 run variety) and lead 4-0 and it's still only the 5th. Home runs and pitching are key, but so is being able to reach base without getting a hit sometimes.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
The White Sox have drawn at least 4 walks in all but one win this year (the 2-1 game in Cleveland), and at least 5 walks in all but 2 wins this season entering today. Today, we've drawn 3 walks and been hit by 2 pitches (one of each lead to the home run being of the 3 run variety) and lead 4-0 and it's still only the 5th. Home runs and pitching are key, but so is being able to reach base without getting a hit sometimes.

good stuff...this has to be our best team at getting on base that i can remember since 2000 (at least it looks as if we will be)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
And Just as I say that, Joe works a 3-1 count and drives in a run. Joe Crede > the 2 rapid swingers in front of him right now.

I agree but at least they seemed to have hit the ball hard.

Infield pop-up dropped by the A's very unOaklandlike.