4/15 Gamethread: Sox (7-5) vs. Oakland (9-5); 1:05, CSN

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Sorry Fields...

i say this semi seriously only because i know fields played some SS last year for charlotte...but would you consider playing josh at 2b at AAA just to see what happens for a month or so?

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
He missed a Home run by about 2 inches and made a play in Center maybe only 2 guys in all of baseball make.

He needs at bats though, and those can't be found in Chicago right now for him.

As for Fields, again, if Crede is somehow signed to a long term deal, Fields will be moved to 1st base and Konerko or Thome will be traded. The only exception to that is if somebody offers us a great deal for Fields obviously. It's not really all that hard to figure out.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

In the last time through our rotation, our pitchers have given up this many runs in the first 6 innings:

Jose didn't get a quality start because Logan gave up an inherited runner...but that's hard to complain about. And Mark's were due in no small part to Mike Sweeney.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
He missed a Home run by about 2 inches and made a play in Center maybe only 2 guys in all of baseball make.

i wasnt around to see the play in center...what exactly did he do?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
He needs at bats though, and those can't be found in Chicago right now for him.

As for Fields, again, if Crede is somehow signed to a long term deal, Fields will be moved to 1st base and Konerko or Thome will be traded. The only exception to that is if somebody offers us a great deal for Fields obviously. It's not really all that hard to figure out.

I agree. However, I was responding that he wasn't major league ready. He is closer than a lot of people give him credit for.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)

He went to right center field and cut off a ball that was a sure double, scooped it up like a SS would, spun and gunned it to Cabrera and got the runner by about 5 steps. It was a sight to see. Beautiful play.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)

Emil Brown tried to stretch a single into a double ( and would have probably made it 95% of the time) Alexei Scoops up the Ball, spins and rockets the ball to 2nd with time to spare, off his back foot with all momentum against him.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Emil Brown tried to stretch a single into a double ( and would have probably made it 95% of the time) Alexei Scoops up the Ball, spins and rockets the ball to 2nd with time to spare, off his back foot with all momentum against him.

And now Quentin robs Emil of a double.