How about them Royals

striker

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 09:52 AM)
Sorry, I would mind. I don't care for any of our divisional rivals. If you want an Underdog to root for, you have the Marlins.

:D

they are gunna be tough this year. theyre better than last yr and we werent that great against them. and it looks like grenkie is pitching the way everyone thought he would. hes always been tough on the sox anyways. their top 3 are going to be pretty good all year i think but i dont think thats going to be enough. :gosox1:

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:09 AM)
:D

they are gunna be tough this year. theyre better than last yr and we werent that great against them. and it looks like grenkie is pitching the way everyone thought he would. hes always been tough on the sox anyways. their top 3 are going to be pretty good all year i think but i dont think thats going to be enough. :gosox1:

The Sox were 12-6 vs the Royals last season that's a .667 W% or 17% of their total wins for the season. It's strange, for whatever reason people have this feeling that the Sox have struggled with the Royals in recent years but in actuality over the past 7 or so seasons the Sox have absolutely dominated the Kansas City.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
The Sox were 12-6 vs the Royals last season that's a .667 W% or 17% of their total wins for the season. It's strange, for whatever reason people have this feeling that the Sox have struggled with the Royals in recent years but in actuality over the past 7 or so seasons the Sox have absolutely dominated the Kansas City.

Everyone reverts back to the Detorit Tiger / KC Royal Jerry Manuel days.

Didn't good ole Jerry save the Tigers from being the worst baseball team of all time? In 2005 I seemed to think we struggled with them.

Ozzie's opening day KC debut lingers a little as well.

struggled is the wrong word, ur right. i think everyone tends to think that because they have always played us tough. we may beat them but its never easy.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
Everyone reverts back to the Detorit Tiger / KC Royal Jerry Manuel days.

Didn't good ole Jerry save the Tigers from being the worst baseball team of all time? In 2005 I seemed to think we struggled with them.

Ozzie's opening day KC debut lingers a little as well.

I think the Sox went like 11-8 against the Tigers in 2003. Meaning the Tigers had a quarter of their wins against the Sox that season.

That's because whenever the Royals would beat the Sox, you'd have 15 posters here say something like "Losing to the Kansas City #$%^&*( Royals in INEXCUSABLE!!!!!!!!" or other such displays of intelligence.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 07:28 AM)

Yeah, looking back I can't recall the last time the Royals even won the season series vs us. We actually had more wins last year vs them than any other team (12).

Last year it was the Mariners and Sawks (1-7 vs both) and Interleague 4-14 that kilt us.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 10:28 AM)

Lucky me that I was at the 11-1 loss on Mother's Day last year.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Yeah, looking back I can't recall the last time the Royals even won the season series vs us.

Ironically enough it was the same year the Sox won the division, 2000. KC was 7-5 against us that year. It's strange since the AL Central was formed in 1994 the Sox have only lost the season series to the Royals twice and in both of those seasons the Sox went on to win the division. ('94 & '00) The Sox were 13-5 vs the Royals in 2005.