This disgusts me

EvilMonkey

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 05:43 AM)
Make sure you get all the mud off your shoes!

P01280.jpg

Today's civics lesson: Technically, that is not a flag, that is the image of a flag. Same thing for patches and the like. Far different animal, but I honestly have a hard time understanding the distinction.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 05:48 AM)
Today's civics lesson: Technically, that is not a flag, that is the image of a flag. Same thing for patches and the like. Far different animal, but I honestly have a hard time understanding the distinction.

Well, one is the symbol of our nation, and the other is merely the symbol of the symbol of our nation.

See Simple. :unsure:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 06:48 AM)
Well, one is the symbol of our nation, and the other is merely the symbol of the symbol of our nation.

See Simple. :unsure:

Wow, you should be like a teacher or something :lol:

But like Jim said, it's a symbol that's representing an important symbol. Is it not a big deal to use someone's picture on a dartboard or tear it up on national TV like Sinead O'Connor did with the Pope? Destroying a picture of something is a bad as wiping mud all over another image IMO.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:55 AM)
But like Jim said, it's a symbol that's representing an important symbol. Is it not a big deal to use someone's picture on a dartboard or tear it up on national TV like Sinead O'Connor did with the Pope? Destroying a picture of something is a bad as wiping mud all over another image IMO.

Correct. But as far as the most accepted flag etiquette, items like patches on uniforms, those decals on cars, etc. are not treated the same as an actual flag.