4/17 Gamethread: Sox (9-5) at Orioles (8-7); 6:05; CSN

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
I can't believe he's letting Linebrink face Huff.

me either, it really doesn't make sense, boone is fresh and has been lights out this year against left-handed hitters, even though linebrink got the out, he was left out there too long.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
me either, it really doesn't make sense, boone is fresh and has been lights out this year against left-handed hitters, even though linebrink got the out, he was left out there too long.

Ozzie's philosophy seems to be that Linebrink is the 8th inning guy. If he can't get it to Jenks, then we don't deserve it. As long as he keeps the lead for the Sox, I don't see Ozzie changing this.

i know they want josh to work on his D at third...but will it really hurt to try him at 2b in charlotte...the potential upside is worth it i feel like

Edited by daa84

They keep talking about this mythical Uribe who will carry the team for a while. Is this like the lock ness monster. Something heard of in legend, but no one has seen in years. It will be nice when we can see a lineup and know that Uribe will not be anywhere near it.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
I know thats probably not the right way to go about it, and not a very popular strategy, but I love it, and agree with it 100%.

The only time I'd disagree with it is if we're playing the Twins or Indians, and Sizemore/Mauer/Morneau are up in big spots and a base isn't open.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
They keep talking about this mythical Uribe who will carry the team for a while. Is this like the lock ness monster. Something heard of in legend, but no one has seen in years. It will be nice when we can see a lineup and know that Uribe will not be anywhere near it.

2004 was the last time there was a reported sighting.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)

it happened once in like 04...so hawk thinks its possible every month

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Uribe to himself

"Hmm maybe they aren't really throwing strikes to get me out"

Uribe draws the walk, lol

Actually what was going on in his head.

"Hmm, I wonder if the hotdog vendor has change for a 50."

10001008.jpg

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
They keep talking about this mythical Uribe who will carry the team for a while. Is this like the lock ness monster. Something heard of in legend, but no one has seen in years.

haha, pretty much. he is playing a nice second base though, turns the double play well.

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
His walk record could be broken before the all star break. Hopefully, we are not saying the same thing about his K's this year.

His career high in K's in a season is 120 back in 2002 with COL. Kinda surprising he has only k'd 100+ times twice in his career.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
Interesting stuff about Niemann's sister that I'll discuss during tomorrow's game.

well if thats not reason to check in to tomorrows gamethread idont know what is