4/17 Gamethread: Sox (9-5) at Orioles (8-7); 6:05; CSN

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sox-r-us @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 01:00 AM)
Wow, Mr Positive true to his form :lolhitting

Obviously, the fact that we had no choice at that pont but to re-sign Uribe is lost on an ignoramus like you; the fact that Cabrera was available after Uribe was re-signed; and the fact that Kenny did what he had to do to get OCab; Uribe is a back up IF or a #9 batter with very good D at 2B for us....not the end of the world; unless it is you of course

I just think it's early to start knighting Sir Kenny Williams. Uribe is not a back up infielder though....he's our starting 2nd baseman.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
very good job by randy marsh behind the plate so far...normally i bash the umpires in here, so im gonna give some credit...hes been solid back there

I was hoping Swisher would get the 3-1 call, but I agree, he's been good. He's given Thome some pitches that looked like blatant strikes.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
well i hate to say it but .. its what i expected out of Floyd. If someone was to ask before the season what two young pitching duos would do better Kennedy/Hughes or Floyd/Danks, 80% would have probably went with the yanks. It is just nice to see Floyd showing why he was so highly ranked. I also like players that people always put the "down" on so I was hoping Floyd would really show what he was made of.

more than 80% i think...not to mention all the buccholz and lester love as well...but thats just how it works with the boston and NY love on espn...that said...i think id still take those other two duos long term over ours

when gavin gives up the first hit, it'll be interesting to see how he pitches out of the stretch

edit: first hit there, crede couldn't make the play

gavin had problems pitching out of the stretch last year and in spring, fwiw

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
gavin out of the stretch, falls behind 3-1

hmmmmmmm

now 3-2 ... oh no freak out

same thing could have happened if he was in the stretch ... give it some time