4/17 Gamethread: Sox (9-5) at Orioles (8-7); 6:05; CSN

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 12:42 AM)
if we lose this one, i dunno if i've seen a more disappointing loss for the sox in a long time, except for maybe that 2-hitter Buerhle threw against the Blue Jays a while back

The Tigers game last Friday and the A's game on Monday would be worse.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
if we lose this one, i dunno if i've seen a more disappointing loss for the sox in a long time, except for maybe that 2-hitter Buerhle threw against the Blue Jays a while back

The dual-Frank homer game? Gah, I remember that one.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Hawk is also saying it was a perfect pitch for a lefty to hit.

ok, i mean maybe they should have stayed away, or up with it...but my point was that floyd hit his spot....at least he didnt leave it out over the plate....either way should have only been 1 run ...konerko shoulda had that ball

I love the way Ozzie utilizes his pitchers. We're watching a pitcher grow up tonight. Floyd is going to be good for the long haul. He should have gotten out of that inning but errors happened. Floyd's ERA remains miniscule.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 17, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
it was off the plate inside...its not a bad pitch...cant really fault floyd too much...maybe they should have just pitched around him, but at least gavin was pitching off the plate

agreed. not a bad pitch...just in his wheelhouse. seemed to be pretty inside. oh well...let's get the friggin bats goinin'.......

Wow ..

I just called everything .. I was sitting downstairs I called the Markakis homer because I was saying how Konerko was going to feel like crap.

Then i was like my boy CQ is gonna hit a homer.

I didnt call the Crede one though. oh well