4/18 Gamethread: Sox (9-6) at Rays (7-9); 6:10; CSN

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
Lethargic offense....no one likes Ozuna more than I do, but he's become useless on this roster with Ramirez on it. I still don't think he's recovered.

i appreciate what pablo has done for us...but as an organization from the manager to general manager to announcer, pablo gets way too much credit...and quite frankly...hes not a very good baseball player...and yes i realize he hit .328 in 06

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
i appreciate what pablo has done for us...but as an organization from the manager to general manager to announcer, pablo gets way too much credit...and quite frankly...hes not a very good baseball player...and yes i realize he hit .328 in 06

For us, he's been about as good of a super sub utility guy as we can ask for. He's not a gold glover at any position, with the bat he's not a dominant hitter, but if he was any of those things he'd be a regular somewhere.

Anderson, meanwhile, rots on the bench. Why Swish cant take over 1B in order to give Anderson a start in Center for one game, leaving Konerko to sulk on the bench is beyond me. We have not looked good offensively for several games now, and BA has not been given a chance. Ticks me off.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 07:34 PM)
For us, he's been about as good of a super sub utility guy as we can ask for. He's not a gold glover at any position with the bat, he's not a dominant hitter, but if he was any of those things he'd be a regular somewhere.

i agree that hes been solid...and i will probably get torched for this...but i feel like its been as much of a fluke as anything....i know hes fast, so he will get IF hits, but hes a below average defender wherever he plays, he isnt a patient hitter, doesnt hit for power, and i feel like his average being high has been a fluke...his value lies in the fact that he is fast and can play multiple positions....which ramirez can also do

I can only recall one instance in which an Ump's call went in our favor. And it was the expanded strike zone for Octavio Dotel. But we have been screwed by the umps in atleast 4 games this year and two led to L's including the first game of the season in Cleveland.

That was the most obvious call i've ever seen and yet another home plate ump blows the call against the sox...ridiculous.