Sox Re-Acquire Fernando Hernandez

soxfn4life

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
he's in AA but he's a veteran pitcher as far as MLB experience is concerned, the sox could bring him up from AA if they wanted to

3 major league innings makes you a veteran now? He's a 23 year old pitcher that the Sox lost in the Rule V draft, the A's decided it wasn't worth keeping him on the big club all season so they returned him to the Sox for $25,000. He won't even sniff Chicago this season.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
3 major league innings makes you a veteran now? He's a 23 year old pitcher that the Sox lost in the Rule V draft, the A's decided it wasn't worth keeping him on the big club all season so they returned him to the Sox for $25,000. He won't even sniff Chicago this season.

wait, 23 years old? i must be thinking of someone else, another late-30's/early-40's hernandez that used to be in the sox organization, not called El Duque.

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 12:22 AM)
unreal, what's the point of this? if this somehow blocks wasserman i'm going to be pissed

Uh, they got him back because he was a rule 5 guy and didnt stay on the A's. Basically he's back in our minors. Not sure where you pulled him blocking Wass out of.

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
This entire thread makes no sense.

"Yes. This is going to get us to the playoffs!"

We are in first place right now and this isn't exactly the time to make moves.

I think some people may not have realized why he came back to the Sox.

Someone obviously confused here. The kid weas a ruleV darft pick. Maybe he has some upside since the A's took him, but is it ever going to be with the Sox? Also, Roberto was on with Hawk and DJ last night over WGN. He said he was having a good ole time reconnecting with his family now that he is out of baseball.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 06:38 AM)
I'm pretty happy about it, as I mentioned in some other thread where this came up. He was one of two pitchers we lost in a recent Rule V draft that I was a little annoyed about (the other being Ryan Wing).

Ryan Wing signed as a minor league FA with Oakland