Danks for Cy Young!

sin city sox fan

Do you think he has a shot? Or will both Gavin Floyd and him split the votes among White Sox pitchers preventing either one them from obtaining the prize?? That will truly be a shame.

Before anyone starts getting riled up....this post was obviously in jest. However, the fact that neither of them has pitched themselves out of consideration for the Cy Young award is amazing considering the optimism (or should I say lack there of) that most Sox fans had about these two in the offseason.

:gosoxretro: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2: :bringit :gosox4:

QUOTE (NUKE @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
I LOLed.

Seriously though. It's really awesome to have 2 rookie starters having such an awesome time of things to start the season. If they can keep this up all season we'll be in good shape for a playoff run.

Neither of them are rookies anymore. The 2nd half of the season will be telling for Danks. Floyd has just continued where he left off last September.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
Neither of them are rookies anymore. The 2nd half of the season will be telling for Danks. Floyd has just continued where he left off last September.

September starts mean NOTHING!

Except, when they do. Like here. :headbang

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)
Going forward I have more confidence in Floyd versus Danks over the course of a whole season. I am not sure if Danks will be able to hold up to the workload of a whole season, whereas we know Floyd can pitch that many innings.

Danks might be able to pitch more than 160 or so this year, but if the Sox push him that hard, they're risking his future in the process. The rule of thumb is you don't try to increase a pitcher's innings by more than about 30 or so beyond his peak per year. Danks IIRC has thrown about 130 or so each of the last 2 years, 160 or so ought to be his limit this year.

Floyd's been in the 170 innings+ area the last few years, so he ought to be able to do 200+ without risking his future health.

If Danks starts getting in to that 140-150 inning area around August or September, then the team really ought to think about shutting him down.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 09:10 AM)
Going forward I have more confidence in Floyd versus Danks over the course of a whole season. I am not sure if Danks will be able to hold up to the workload of a whole season, whereas we know Floyd can pitch that many innings.

After tonight, I have to agree with you.....Floyd for Cy Young!!!!! :notworthy