Sox on TV Twice Next week versus Yankees

elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
Just to let fellow out of town Sox fans know that it's Yank-Sox on ESPN Wednesday Night and then again on WGN Thursday night. I'll be in front of that TV. Wave at me when you see me. :gosoxretro: :lolhitting

Thanks for the info. I knew about the ESPN game, but not the WGN game.

QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
Lucky for me, I get Yankees games so I won't have a WGN black out...of course I'll have to listen to the Yankees telecast.

same here. But I am stoked that it's in HD. The YES network has quality HD yankee games.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 04:02 PM)
Just to let fellow out of town Sox fans know that it's Yank-Sox on ESPN Wednesday Night and then again on WGN Thursday night. I'll be in front of that TV. Wave at me when you see me. :gosoxretro: :lolhitting

So, why don't you get mlb.tv?

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
The worst is when you're not close enough to get CSN, but you're close enough to get blacked out on MLB.tv and ESPN games.

I was in that situation.

I called them, verified my IP address and they unblocked me.

QUOTE (NUKE @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 04:26 PM)
Im glad we're at home for this series so I get the Sox feed on my extra innings package

Last year I had EI via Comcast, and I would only get the home feed. This year I have EI on DirecTV and I get both the home and away feeds for every team (unless it is on WCIU)

DirecTV > Comcast

QUOTE (Linnwood @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Last year I had EI via Comcast, and I would only get the home feed. This year I have EI on DirecTV and I get both the home and away feeds for every team (unless it is on WCIU)

DirecTV > Comcast

Indeed, like the option to watch and here both home and away broadcasts.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 09:57 AM)
For the out of town sox fans,why wouldnt you get one of the MLB packages?I know I would have to do that instead of waiting for it to come on a local channel.But I guess Iam just that dedicated. :D

It's only been something that's affected me while at school. The end of frosh/beginning of sophomore year (2005), a few of us on here had this MLB.tv account that didn't black anyone out, so we lucked out that year. That MLB.tv account ended up going defunct after that year, and I've been Gameday dependent the last couple April's and September's.

I get all the Sox games at home, so it's never been an issue there. However, I will be moving to Chicago in a few weeks, so this will not be an issue anytime after that.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 21, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
For the out of town sox fans,why wouldnt you get one of the MLB packages?I know I would have to do that instead of waiting for it to come on a local channel.But I guess Iam just that dedicated. :D

That's the only way to go, especially since cable systems now all have a Satellite style baseball package. You always get the home teams feed but that's just fine as long as I get to watch the game. It gives you a bit of a different perspective also. I kinda like that.