A. Perez 2b

T. Shumpert rf

C. Crawford lf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think Carlos should be on the block for a relief pitcher or starter. Then have Daubach and Everett rotate in left. Everett plays ocassionally in center, but its mainly Harris and Rowand who I think can handle the job.

Then let Daubbie/Everett/Konerko rotate at the DH position. If you get a starter for Carlos, move one guy from our rotation to the pen and then still use a prospect or two to land a damn good relief pitcher, imo. This team really could use one more reliever.

Then again Wright could be that guy, as I think he will be able to throw quite a few pitches all in one inning and thats tough on hitters.

I actually think Carlos should be on the block for a relief pitcher or starter. 

Then again Wright could be that guy, as I think he will be able to throw quite a few pitches all in one inning and thats tough on hitters.

I'm sure Carlos is on the block, I'd guess for a starter.

I actually think Carlos should be on the block for a relief pitcher or starter. 

I'm sure Carlos is on the block, I'd guess for a starter.

I love his defense but he's always swinging for the fences. I can't stand that philosphy.

Like Mario told me yesterday the coaching staff needs to stay on these guys. Maybe they are, and if so, then Carlos sure isn't listening.

If Lee gets traded, even for prospects, both our defense and team speed get upgraded. Ev moves to left, which is his natural position now, either Rowand or Harris in center, our speed is back to where it was, etc. If we can't trade Lee, it might take some guts to leave him on the bench, but that is our best team, IMO.

If Lee gets traded, even for prospects, both our defense and team speed get upgraded.  Ev moves to left, which is his natural position now, either Rowand or Harris in center, our speed is back to where it was, etc.  If we can't trade Lee, it might take some guts to leave him on the bench, but that is our best team, IMO.

Uhmmm.....doesn't Lee lead the team in stolen bases?

Lee isn't slow. Lee just swings for the fences too many times and in my opinion acquiring Ponson and Lightenberg would put the Sox over the top.

You'd have 5 very good pitchers and Wright would move to the pen as Glover either goes to Bmore or gets shipped somewhere for a pinch hitter.

Pen: Wright, Wunsch, Marte, Tom, Koch, Lightenberg, White

Let Koch/Tom/Marte close with Lightenberg in the 7th and one of the guys that isn't closing in the eighth and you have a backup plan in case anything happens. Plus Wunsch and White can get it done and Wright is a long guy and can get settled in the pen.

I'd say that would be a heck of a pen.

Rotation

Colon

Buehrle

Loaiza

Ponson

Garland