White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/22, 7:11, CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
Pretty pathetic outing tonight from the pitching staff, not sure getting those runs earlier woulda mattered if we're gonna keep walking the leadoff man

really contreras had a nice outing i thought...boone was fine, the IF hit hurt us...what can you say, the yankees twice worked to a 2-0 count with runners on base, sat dead red on the fastball and capitalized while we didnt...

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
Dotel blows this year. Linebrink is good tho. 1 out of 2 ain't bad. I didn't expect a win tonight with the Yankmees Ace on the mound versus Contreras. But we should win the next 2.

we also should have won the last two times Buehrle was up against two guys I never heard of, and those didn't go too well either......"should" is not a wise forecast with our chicago white sox..........

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 03:18 AM)
really contreras had a nice outing i thought...boone was fine, the IF hit hurt us...what can you say, the yankees twice worked to a 2-0 count with runners on base, sat dead red on the fastball and capitalized while we didnt...

We'll be fine if Contreras can pitch like he did tonight.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)

You are correct, I shouldn't lump Contreras in with that dungpile performance from the pen. Jose did his job against the Yanks.

No one throwing strikes from the pen = check

People trying to hit home runs against a sinkerball pitcher that doesnt give up dongs = check

Getting men on, then having your asshole pucker up as you try to park every pitch =check

Juan Uribe and his 7 IQ swinging for the fences and popping up because he obviously missed the bases loaded walk = check

Pitchers s***ting the bed = check

Nice effort all around tonight.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 03:23 AM)
No one throwing strikes from the pen = check

People trying to hit home runs against a sinkerball pitcher that doesnt give up dongs = check

Getting men on, then having your asshole pucker up as you try to park every pitch =check

Juan Uribe and his 7 IQ swinging for the fences and popping up because he obviously missed the bases loaded walk = check

Pitchers s***ting the bed = check

Nice effort all around tonight.

Questionable decision making by our skipper = check

Bad defense = check

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
This team has left 9 guys in scoring position....they don't deserve to win.

Yeah, against Chien Ming Wang.... it's not like the Sox were facing some scrub on the mound today. The Sox offense did everything they could be expected to do: work up the pitch count, drive Wang out of the game ASAP, give your pitcher the lead and get into the bullpen.

Every once in a while you need your pitching to get it done for you. Unfortunately the Octavio Meatball Express f***ed that all up. f*** you, Octavio. You're just a rich man's Mike Jackson.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 04:24 AM)
where has swishers power been? i love the obp, but i thought hed slug a bit more...hope the leadoff thing isnt affecting him

The ball's not jumping off of his bat right now. Everything is dying at the track. He'll be just fine, we don't need homers from him.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 22, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
where has swishers power been? i love the obp, but i thought hed slug a bit more...hope the leadoff thing isnt affecting him

I want to know where the batting averages are. I understand that we are walking more, but when the entire team outside of 2 people are hitting .230 and below. If you keep the ball in the park on this team, we cant score. The lift and pull offense is back in full affect, the only difference is we have people walking. We cant have guys hitting .230 into June and expect to win. We need our offense to start to string hits and put a big inning on outside of the dong. Tonight I watched a lot of warning track power. I have seen this before.

Last year our low BA was the perfect storm. This years excuse.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 04:28 AM)
I want to know where the batting averages are. I understand that we are walking more, but when the entire team outside of 2 people are hitting .230 and below. If you keep the ball in the park on this team, we cant score. The lift and pull offense is back in full affect, the only difference is we have people walking. We cant have guys hitting .230 into June and expect to win. We need our offense to start to string hits and put a big inning on outside of the dong. Tonight I watched a lot of warning track power. I have seen this before.

Last year our low BA was the perfect storm. This years excuse.

And it's been quite warm out.