• Colt 45
    • PBR
    • Keystone
    • Old English

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
Smirnoff Ice, Zima, Wine Coolers.. all malt liquor beverages.

Wine coolers shouldn't be. . . in light of the fact that the alcohol is coming from fermented fruit and not malted grain. But, state and regional alcoholic beverage designations being as whacky as they are, I can see some places stamping wine coolers as malt liquor I guess.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
Wine coolers shouldn't be. . . in light of the fact that the alcohol is coming from fermented fruit and not malted grain. But, state and regional alcoholic beverage designations being as whacky as they are, I can see some places stamping wine coolers as malt liquor I guess.

wine coolers are part wine, part malt.

Ahh, stop hating on the PBR and High Life!

At the bar my softball team is sponsored by, I used to drink Grey Goose and Red Bull in a pint glass. The prices were quite reasonable, I think like $6 per pint. An excellent deal. But then again, I was an excellent patron (read "alcoholic"), there 3-4 times a week. My tabs were generally $25-50 per evening, so I spent quite a bit of money there (American Express must really think I am pathetic). So anyways, they suddenly change the prices from $6 all the way up til $10. Now I am a reasonable person, so I understand maybe the $6 was a little low, but there just aren't enough women in there to pay $10 a pop.

So to be an ass, I switched to drinking only PBR (my choice in college), or Miller High Life (because I, too, want to live the High Life). Now my tabs are more like $8-16 per visit, and they are making roughly $300-400 less off of me per month.

The funny thing is, I've actually grown to like the Champagne and the PBR again.

Yay me!

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
Why so many mentions of Steel Reserve?

I guess I'm one of few who likes Steel.

Old Style and Beast tie for the worst beer. IMO.

Admitting a beer is sh***y isnt saying you dont like it , IMO. I have consumed many of all of the above mentioned beers, and probably will again. Some of the greatest parties i have ever been to were keystone or beast kegs. In 2001 I had a 40 oz party in my backyard where me and a bunch of friends consumed Olde English, Cobra, High Life, Colt 45 all night long.

There is a difference between a steak and a big mac, but that doesnt mean Im swearing off big macs because I found out steaks taste so much better. ;)