White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
I wonder if the bullpen had been pitching better lately if we'd have gone to it at the start of this inning or had a quicker jook with javy when someone got on base.

Didn't you hear Hawk, Javy is just unlucky, was last year and in 2006. In fact, he's always unlucky if he loses.

Awful game. How do you get worked like that by Mussina? This is the same exact team I watched last year these last two games. Awesome that this game is on the YESPN too. I bet they are watching with their pants around their ankles for this one over there.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
This team has been a .500 team for the last week or so. No hitting + bad pitching = 2007.

If we go into this perfect storm s*** Walk needs to go.

I've been wanting him gone for the past two seasons. Our approach to the plate hasn't changed one bit. The only difference is that SOME of our players are being more patient.

How Uribe is still starting is beyond me. The guy SUCKS. If anything bring him in after we have the lead for a defensive substitution. That's it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
Yankees are just a better team right now. We better win 3 against the Orioles this wknd.

You know that won't happen. I'm sure they have some s*** pitcher who can float a curve and spot a change down & away who will shut us down.

I can't for the life of me understand how Greg Walker has a job year after year where we have different players yet are subject to same pathetic-ass hitting approach.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:57 AM)
Didn't you hear Hawk, Javy is just unlucky, was last year and in 2006. In fact, he's always unlucky if he loses.

Has any pitcher had more excuses made for him in his Sox career?

BTW DA, I realized why so many people hate Uribe. I think it's because it's the only position where it seems possible that a move can be made. No one complains about other players near as much because it's set in stone they'll be there.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
You know that won't happen. I'm sure they have some s*** pitcher who can float a curve and spot a change down & away who will shut us down.

I can't for the life of me understand how Greg Walker has a job year after year where we have different players yet are subject to same pathetic-ass hitting approach.

scariest thing is Hawk was saying he was talking with Walker and Walker said he sees the walks going down for the team as the season goes on.... as if that's a good thing

QUOTE (The Bull @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Awful game. How do you get worked like that by Mussina? This is the same exact team I watched last year these last two games. Awesome that this game is on the YESPN too. I bet they are watching with their pants around their ankles for this one over there.

Oh Yeah I forgot we are on National TV. What a great showing by our 2007 I mean 2008 Chicago Whitesox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
I wonder if the bullpen had been pitching better lately if we'd have gone to it at the start of this inning or had a quicker jook with javy when someone got on base.

Doubtful....Ozzie has kept Javy in for worse situations in the past. I have no issue with Javy being in there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Has any pitcher had more excuses made for him in his Sox career?

BTW DA, I realized why so many people hate Uribe. I think it's because it's the only position where it seems possible that a move can be made. No one complains about other players near as much because it's set in stone they'll be there.

He is one of the most overpaid mediocre pitcher in baseball!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 02:00 AM)
Bulls***. Total bulls***. I, like many others, "hate" Uribe because he has been completely unproductive at the plate for the last 3 seasons, and still has a starting role. He has been terrible his last 1300 AB's, if not longer.

No s*** he's horrible, you know I won't disagree with that. But DA keeps asking why Uribe gets so much blame, and I think it's because people feel there's actually a chance he won't be at that position all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Doubtful....Ozzie has kept Javy in for worse situations in the past. I have no issue with Javy being in there.

The only reason I asked was that his pitch count was already through the roof at the start of the inning, and the damage was done when he was at about 110.

did anyone think we were really an elite AL team? I sure didnt....we are losing but man guys...we werent gonna go the whole year without struggling...especially against the yankees...It would be nice to see the offense pick it up yeah, but we are at best a slightly above .500 team....and thats how we have played so far this season....it would have been nice if hte pen held the game yesterday, and woulda been nice to beat a struggling mussina tonight, but im not gonna get my panties in a bunch because we lost 2 in a row to the yankees...we have beaten the teams we should beat, and outside the opening series against hte tribe this will be the first series loss...stinks, but lets win tomorrow and go get the orioles

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
He is one of the most overpaid mediocre pitcher in baseball!

Javy has ability. I just don't think he really would be anyone's first choice to send out there to win a big game. Whether he is unlucky or too competitive as Hawk seems to think, it seems the bigger the pomp and circumstance, the more likely Javy doesn't dominate.