White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Want2Repeat @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
What makes you think he would be the one brought up? Since Masset is out of options, I am sure he will have to pretty much go Cliff Politte on us, before he is gone.

I would assume he would be, since they would need a long man.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
So because the Sox don't have a solid replacement, Uribe becomes a better player? He still sucks, and he would still suck if Utley was on the roster. It doesn't matter. You entire defense with Uribe seems to be about what other players are doing in the lineup. The other players in the lineup have contributed something over the last few years. Uribe hasn't.

And why the hell should he get praised for having a good night? Something about a blind squirrel...?

He's been very unappreciated. He plays good defense, hits 20 homers and drives in 70 every year. Sure, all his other numbers suck. He hits 9th and drives in 70 runs. That's probably better than most 9th place hitters. He's struggling now, but will go on a hot streak eventually. He always does. This board treats him like he's a career .150 hitter.

let me preface this by saying that i dont really think masset deserves to be on this team, and to say that his stuff is a "tick below jenks" is rather laughable, but i will say this....he has the stuff to be a starter

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
The thing that pisses me off is Uribe is the 9th place hitter. He gets slammed for not getting Chamberlain last night, when the 7th place hitter was just blown away. If he went 3 for 4, there would be countless posts b****ing about the out he made. Also, his possible replacements people talk about like they are HOFers. Ramirez is just Uribe if Juan gets his jaw wired shut for a couple of months, and Richar hit .230 with a .289 OBP last year. I don't see where those numbers scream he's worthy of playing everyday on a contender.

That must of been some dinner Uribe bought for you to keep fluffing such a crappy player. Those other players are not making 4 mill to hope they might achieve that .235 ceiling that Uribe shoots for every year.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:19 PM)
let me preface this by saying that i dont really think masset deserves to be on this team, and to say that his stuff is a "tick below jenks" is rather laughable, but i will say this....he has the stuff to be a starter

In which league?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)

He has the stuff, but he will never be a starter in this league. And technically he is a tick below Jenks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
No. Every hitter should hit .400 or they suck.

They could try not having to struggle to stay over .200, and completely disappearing for extended periods of time too.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
He's been very unappreciated. He plays good defense, hits 20 homers and drives in 70 every year. Sure, all his other numbers suck. He hits 9th and drives in 70 runs. That's probably better than most 9th place hitters. He's struggling now, but will go on a hot streak eventually. He always does. This board treats him like he's a career .150 hitter.

I don't know, his numbers have been going down every single year since he got here. You would like to think he'll be better but automatically assuming he can get to 20HR/70 RBI isn't right.

BTW, if he were hitting around a .700 OPS that would be passable. He's at .515 now which is not passable. I think this would be the worst month he's had in a Sox uni.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
That must of been some dinner Uribe bought for you to keep fluffing such a crappy player. Those other players are not making 4 mill to hope they might achieve that .235 ceiling that Uribe shoots for every year.

Uribe would be a HOF caliber player if Walker didn't introduce him to the lift and pull.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)

playing in the AL and playing 155 games a year...driving ins 70 runs is not as huge of a deal as you are making it...what type of hot streak does he always go on? his on base % was under .300 the past two years...that is horrendous....hes a way below average player...even for a 9 hitter....

quentin is good btw