White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
whoever delivered the scouting report for posada tonight needs to be fired. 3 doubles, are you kidding me?

Sox pitchers were just unlucky. Hawk is sometimes so crazy. He is flabbergasted by bloop hits against the White Sox, but when Erstad was on the Sox he would actually say Darin jammed himself on purpose to get bloop hits.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox pitchers were just unlucky. Hawk is sometimes so crazy. He is flabbergasted by bloop hits against the White Sox, but when Erstad was on the Sox he would actually say Darin jammed himself on purpose to get bloop hits.

Hawk =(

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
After seeing Jenks lately, I really hope KW considers trading him for a huge package (please no penis jokes).

Trade something huge to get something huge. I love Jenks, but our farm could use some help.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 04:06 AM)
Can someone explain to me how Jenks goes from occasionally hitting 100 to occasionally hitting 94? I mean seriously... I guess I'm not that worried about his general effectiveness but there has to be a reason for the loss in velocity, right?

I'm concerned....I never thought I'd see the day that Hawk said he threw a batting practice fastball on 3-2.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
predictions for bottom of the 9th?

aj out on 2 pitches, both out of the strikezone

quentin soft single through the middle on a 2-2 fastball

crede pops up

uribe strikes out

i like to amuse myself

;)

Ramirez is in for Uribe, but if he does strike out, they should charge it to Uribe.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Can someone explain to me how Jenks goes from occasionally hitting 100 to occasionally hitting 94? I mean seriously... I guess I'm not that worried about his general effectiveness but there has to be a reason for the loss in velocity, right?

Last year, he said something about being less concerned with trying to throw hard and being more concerned with trying to pitch. He said to the fans 100 isn't a big a deal as it's made out to be. FWIW.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)

Who knows. He could be taking velocity off on purpose for more control, his walk rate really went down last season.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 04:07 AM)
Last year, he said something about being less concerned with trying to throw hard and being more concerned with trying to pitch. He said to the fans 100 isn't a big a deal as it's made out to be. FWIW.

That's such BS though. At this point, we just have to hope he continues to be effective.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 04:08 AM)
Who knows. He could be taking velocity off on purpose for more control, his walk rate really went down last season.

I'd rather he get back to the effectively wild Jenks. It would prevent players from sitting on his offspeed pitch.