meteor shower my hynie :(

baggio202

2000 - 3000 meteors per hour???...i sw maybe 25 in the hour i was outside freezing my ass off:****...with the full moon and the lights of the city being so close i guess it just meant to be...too bad..it was supposed to be the best meteor shower in our lifetime..next one that big is not until 2099 ( iguess ill be dead:P)..

anyone else have any better luck??..the few i did see were pretty cool though

Originally posted by Kempers

i saw a s***load around 5:30 to 6:00 ET, it was almost as good as last year's.  good show indeed

It peaked around here about 4:30-4:40 AM and it was unbelievable. The full moon only really covered up the faintest ones, but there were some huge (literally, the biggest and best I've ever seen) meteors.

Granted, I didn't see 2,000-3,000 in the forty-five minutes or so we were out there, but I'd easily say there were somewhere around 100-200.

Guest hotsoxchick1

while you were freezing your ass off baggs i was tucked nice and snug in my bed snoozing the nite away.... i figured i would catch it on the 6 am news... and guess what .. i didnt have to freeze my ass off......lol