Would You Run for Office?

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:08 AM)
No. Too many skeletons I really do not want revealed.

I'm with you. Waaaay too many things I don't really want more people knowing about. And God help me if they dig into my college days! :huh:

I'm always unsure on this one. I think it is a realistic possability for me at some point in the future considering I'm an attorney and all. Right now I would lean towards no. I think I'm far too moderate in my stances and really split between Dem and Rep depending on the issues.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
I'm always unsure on this one. I think it is a realistic possability for me at some point in the future considering I'm an attorney and all. Right now I would lean towards no. I think I'm far too moderate in my stances and really split between Dem and Rep depending on the issues.

For local offices, that can sometimes work quite well - especially since there is far less party involvement at those levels. Once you start getting to county, and then state level offices, you pretty much have to align with a party.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
For local offices, that can sometimes work quite well - especially since there is far less party involvement at those levels. Once you start getting to county, and then state level offices, you pretty much have to align with a party.

Yeah, local wouldn't be 100% out of the question. One thing I might "political up" for would be to be a Judge at some point, either elected or appointed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)

That's why I'm not overly concerned with the specifics of somebody's voting record. In order to maintain political cred they pretty much have to vote in lock step with the party. So too often that's used to distort and polarize.

I used to want to back when I was younger, meaning 17 or 18. But now as 22 year old I plan to be a City Administrator and even though it's not supposed to be political and I'll try my best not to make it that way, I'm going to be involved in local politics anyways.