*Official* Jimenez traded to the Reds

CubsSuck1

I mean is he important or something?

cuz the other day my friend was over and he was like "Is that really Rex hudler?" and I didnt know what he ment

Our Rex is not that important, no. ;)

"The" Rex Hudler played in the major leagues, and is the broadcaster for the Angels right now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean is he important or something?

cuz the other day my friend was over and he was like "Is that really Rex hudler?" and I didnt know what he ment

I'm guessing your friend was wondering if that was Rex "the Wonder Dog" Hudler who announces for the Angels and was a former player.

hey Rex... who are you?

Just asking...  :)

Rex is Rex.

He's a simple man from a time long ago who happens to live in Birmingham. :lol:

I'm just a guy who has been around the game for a few years and likes baseball. Have seen it as a player and as an umpire (both college level) as well as a fan.

Nobody important, just a guy with an opinion or two.

;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

breathe a heavy sigh of relief knowing that jimenez will no longer be around to mess up our infield.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh..............

hey mn.. just exactly what does rex wanna be????? :huh: :D ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Probably whatever you'd like him to be at that moment. heh heh.

how do ya think he would look in a thong, with a feather duster in one hand and a vaccum cleaner in the other??? :huh: :lol: :D ;) im in dire need of a new maid service....... ;) lol

I'm just glad we were able to get anything of value for Jiminez.

Ok, so now what about 2B for the future? Harris? Miles?

As many of you know I was a HUGE Jimenez backer from the Pads days I saw him play at the "Q." I think this deal sucked in the sense that we didn't get a decent enough 2B prospect in return.

We now have s*** for the future at 2B, especially if Alomar doesn't resign togive more time to Miles to develop more (how much time has he gotten already?).

As many of you know I was a HUGE Jimenez backer from the Pads days I saw him play at the "Q." I think this deal sucked in the sense that we didn't get a decent enough 2B prospect in return.

We now have s*** for the future at 2B, especially if Alomar doesn't resign togive more time to Miles to develop more (how much time has he gotten already?).

The point was that we had designated Jiminez for assignment. He was going to walk as a free agent in a few days.

The point was that we had designated Jiminez for assignment. He was going to walk as a free agent in a few days.

No, the real point is or should be that he should have never been designated in the first place. Graffanino or Sanders should have been.

Miles is either ready or not. There is no need for more time for him to develop.

I have noticed him taking more walks however, so improving is not out of the question. But he is at a make it or break it level this year and next.

I am pretty sure that Willie will be our 2nd baseman. When he played there the last couple games before we got Alomar he played really well.

No, the real point is or should be that he should have never been designated in the first place. Graffanino or Sanders should have been.

Ugly, I'm with you on that. I never wanted Jimenez to go. The guy could of played 3rd, ss, or 2nd off the bench and when Alomar left then the Sox actually had a guy that could play, cause I don't want no walk Aaron Miles there.

While I like Miles, he isn't the answer as a starter. I am a harris backer though.

Ugly, I'm with you on that. I never wanted Jimenez to go. The guy could of played 3rd, ss, or 2nd off the bench and when Alomar left then the Sox actually had a guy that could play, cause I don't want no walk Aaron Miles there.

While I like Miles, he isn't the answer as a starter. I am a harris backer though.

As a DJ backer also(I guess you can say i'm a KW backer to), I just hope fans who are happy with this trade now will not get all mad at KW for trading him if he plays well for the Reds and turns out to be the player a lot of people thought he would.

DJ not only had little range, but he was unhappy in San Diego if I've heard and remember correctly about not knowing where he was going to play. Maybe Ugly can help me out on that, but I seem to recall something along the lines of that.

Jimenez has no chance of making us worry about trading him. He was a malcontent, had bad attitude, was a non-hustle player who had little of no range. I would rather take my chances with Harris or Graffy, at least they have heart.

Graffinino, Harris, Miles, Hummel, Yan ..... I think 2nd base is set up for the next few years. Jiminez was not the answer there. That is for sure. I was high on him at first, but I saw enough of his lazy, no baseball smarts type game to last me a long time. Good riddance as far as I am concerned.