All Things Pro-Obama

Soxy

(CNN) — Even though Rep. Ron Paul has never officially ended his long shot presidential bid, he’s ready to weigh in on the three remaining major candidates for the White House.

In an interview on The Situation Room, Paul told Wolf Blitzer that endorsing Sen. John McCain, the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee, “would really confuse” his supporters “because they know we have a precise program and we have to defend that program.”

Having a Republican win the upcoming presidential election is “secondary” for Paul who is more interested in defending the Constitution, having the country go in what he considers the right direction, having a sound currency, and achieving balanced budgets. Paul parts ways with McCain over McCain’s support for the Iraq war, his approach to U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East and his willingness to spend federal dollars to support military operations in Iraq.

Instead, Paul favors Sen. Barack Obama because of positions on foreign policy. “But that’s doesn’t mean that’s an endorsement,” Paul quickly added.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an Obama pollster from Illinois at my door, plus we got a call from the Obama campaign the other night asking if they could clarify any positions to help us out. The level of campaigning here has been insane. Now I know why Iowa and NH don't want to lose their first in line status.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
Obama's campaign called the s*** out of my house. A lot. Almost every day for the two weeks leading up to the primacaucus.

They call you even though you have no intentions of voting Democrat?

That would annoy the hell out of me. Then again I hardly ever answer the phone if it's a number I don't recognize.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)

That would annoy the hell out of me. Then again I hardly ever answer the phone if it's a number I don't recognize.

I did vote in the Democrat Primary, actually. Since it was an open primary, a lot of people voted. Believe it or not, I do tend to vote both parties. :lol:

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 3, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)

Yup. As a registered republican they are harassing the s*** out of me.

You Can't Make This Up

Hillary Clinton enthusiastically picked a filly named Eight Belles to win the Kentucky Derby and compared herself to the horse. Eight Belles finished second. The winner was the favorite, Big Brown. Eight Belles collapsed immediately after crossing the finish line, and was euthanized shortly thereafter.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 1, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
So, Posted some of this in the gerneal election thread, but I thought this warented some Obama specific talk.

Swing State update (Obama v McCain):

PA: Obama +9

FL: McCain +1

OH: McCain +1

I also think Obama will win MN, IA, WI, MI, CT, and NJ. Those are tossup states (according to 270towin.com He also has a real shot at winning NV, CO, and NM (especially if Richardson is on the ticket).

That bodes will in the general election for Obama. Using those states, Obama wins 274 to 264. Heck, he can lose NV or NM if Nebraska splits their electoral vote 3/2 for McCain (Nebraska proportions it's electoral votes), he would win 271-267.

Iowa loves Obama. Most of the Edwards people here went his way, and independents here seem to like him. If it's him versus McCain, I'd tend to think the state will return to blue.

Oh this is great. You non-racist, women's rights liberals just have to point out the symbolic signifance of "Big Brown" winning the Derby and the fillie having to be euthanized. I think this speaks for itself.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 4, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
Oh this is great. You non-racist, women's rights liberals just have to point out the symbolic signifance of "Big Brown" winning the Derby and the fillie having to be euthanized. I think this speaks for itself.

huh?

Those damn elitist politicians and ECONOMISTS!

Hillary Clinton on Obama and the Gas-Tax Holiday: "It's really odd to me that arguing to give relief to a vast majority of Americans creates this incredible pushback...Elite opinion is always on the side of doing things that don't benefit" the vast majority of the American people.

Ya know, the "elite" opinion that is been called a BAD idea by almost every single economist, and the only public support has come from a Shell Oil Lobbiest. oh but the idea "polls well".

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 4, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)

I should note, a crowd member's response, was classic...

An ordinary voter begged to differ, however. Stephanopoulos turned the mike over to a woman who said she supported Obama and said she makes less than $25,000 a year.

"I do feel pandered to when you talk about suspending the gas tax," the woman said, adding: "Call me crazy but I actually listen to economists because I think they know what they've studied."

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 4, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)

Are you seriously offended by this? I have to admit that the part about the horse having to be put down is a bit crass. But the "Big Brown" thing is actually kind of funny given Hillary's bet, don't you think?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Are you seriously offended by this? I have to admit that the part about the horse having to be put down is a bit crass. But the "Big Brown" thing is actually kind of funny given Hillary's bet, don't you think?

I also want to clarify. The "killed" commend is not about the person. It's about the Clinton influence. If Obama winds the nomination, then the presidency, the Clintons, as we know them, are dead.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
I also want to clarify. The "killed" commend is not about the person. It's about the Clinton influence. If Obama winds the nomination, then the presidency, the Clintons, as we know them, are dead.

Oh, come on, stop apologizing and clarifying etc etc etc. It was FUNNY. All of it.

I'm split between Obama and Clinton, and I literally lol'd.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
Oh, come on, stop apologizing and clarifying etc etc etc. It was FUNNY. All of it.

I dont believe in saying "I'd love to see that person dead". That is why i wanted to clarify. Saying we need to kill someone who has not committed a crime is against what i believe in. I didnt want it to be interpreted in saying that. However, if I were to ever think about it, Hillary is about as close as it gets.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 4, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
I dont believe in saying "I'd love to see that person dead". That is why i wanted to clarify. Saying we need to kill someone who has not committed a crime is against what i believe in. I didnt want it to be interpreted in saying that. However, if I were to ever think about it, Hillary is about as close as it gets.

I'm sorry, but anyone who took that to mean that Hilldog will literally break her ankles and have to be euthanized on the convention floor right before the keynote should simply be ignored. It would be like taking Obama's statement that Wright and his grandmother are a part of him to mean that he got a kidney from each of them.

The meaning was crystal clear. Noone who can use a computer is so incapable of understanding figurative speech.

Economists are stunned at Hillary's Comments

HRC said "I'm not going to put my lot in with economists."

I know several of the economists who have been advising Senator Clinton, so I phoned them right after I heard this. I reached two of them. One hadn't heard her remark and said he couldn't believe she'd say it. The other had heard it and shrugged it off as "politics as usual."