All Things Pro-Hillary

Soxy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not Bill.

No seriously, I would much prefer the democrats to win the next election, after what has happened with Bush, and I just get worried that McCain could sort of be Bush v2.0.

If that means Clinton beats Obama, and then wins the election, so be it I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
This thread sucks.... like Hillary!

Thanks for your meaningful contribution to Soxtalk. This site is made better as a direct result of your thoughtful posts.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
Oh take it easy. It was obviously a joke.

I think she's just pointing out that if everyone that wanted to come in here and make a bad joke did so(and some of us are using more restraint than others BTW), that would kinda ruin the reason for this thread in the first place.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
I think she's just pointing out that if everyone that wanted to come in here and make a bad joke did so(and some of us are using more restraint than others BTW), that would kinda ruin the reason for this thread in the first place.

Thanks, far more eloquent than I could have put it.

I don't bash other people's parties/candidates in their thread. I guess I view it as a respect issue (more for the other posters on the site than the actual candidates).

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
She's not Bill.

No seriously, I would much prefer the democrats to win the next election, after what has happened with Bush, and I just get worried that McCain could sort of be Bush v2.0.

If that means Clinton beats Obama, and then wins the election, so be it I guess.

the only similarity between McCain and Bush is that McCain thinks we should stay in Iraq...

Pretty much, McCain is a democrat, in my eyes.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
the only similarity between McCain and Bush is that McCain thinks we should stay in Iraq...

And he favors a tax cut larger and more directed at the top income levels than Bush, and plays the same "oh we'll just eliminate waste" game that Bush does with how to pay for them. And he favors similar health care plans, where people have to pick up more of the cost of their own health care but get a tax deduction. And he supports Privatizing social security. And he's pretty strongly anti-choice. And he favors vouchers in the public education system. And he believes states should be able to decide whether or not to teach intelligent design in their classrooms.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:20 AM)
I'm not sure if this is anti either one, or pro either one, but thought it was kinda funny. Maybe you all could use a laugh. All 3 of you. (some NSFW language)

That was hilarious. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
I'm not sure if this is anti either one, or pro either one, but thought it was kinda funny. Maybe you all could use a laugh. All 3 of you. (some NSFW language)

hahaha. That was a good video. f*** it. McCain.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)

:lolhitting :lolhitting

McCain isn't a democrat, he's what republicans were before the religious nut job idiots took over the party. Maybe him winning in November might steer the party back towards it's roots (aka in the right direction).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
:lolhitting :lolhitting

McCain isn't a democrat, he's what republicans were before the religious nut job idiots took over the party. Maybe him winning in November might steer the party back towards it's roots (aka in the right direction).

Or...if they lose...the religious folks can claim that the reason they lost is that they nominated a candidate that wasn't big with their group and that was their biggest mistake.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
McCain is also what Republicans were before they pissed away all of their credibility on fiscal restraint, which actually wasn't even that long ago.

So, before the Bush tax cuts, they were calling for larger, even more bankrupting, and even more directed at the top 1% tax cuts than the ones Bush proposed?

Actually, that's probably true.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
So, before the Bush tax cuts, they were calling for larger, even more bankrupting, and even more directed at the top 1% tax cuts than the ones Bush proposed?

Actually, that's probably true.

Republicans have always been about low taxes which in and of itself isn't a bad thing and I would normally support, but they act like big defense spending isn't costing that much and the deficit isn't really that big of a deal, then while pushing budgets that would give most big government Democrats wet dreams, cut taxes as well. All the while pushing the idea of the magical tax fairy that's somehow going to revive the economy, all we have to do is cut taxes.

I mean, let's just be honest - war is expensive, we don't have the revenues to cover it, we need tax. There's no way to hide it. I wish more people would stop taking all these tax promises at face value. That includes Obama and Hillary, they're just downplaying how much exactly we'd have to raise taxes by.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
Republicans have always been about low taxes which in and of itself isn't a bad thing and I would normally support, but they act like big defense spending isn't costing that much and the deficit isn't really that big of a deal, then while pushing budgets that would give most big government Democrats wet dreams, cut taxes as well. All the while pushing the idea of the magical tax fairy that's somehow going to revive the economy, all we have to do is cut taxes.

I mean, let's just be honest - war is expensive, we don't have the revenues to cover it, we need tax. There's no way to hide it. I wish more people would stop taking all these tax promises at face value. That includes Obama and Hillary, they're just downplaying how much exactly we'd have to raise taxes by.

Guns and butter.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)

I am being honest. We really don't need more tax. What we need is less bureaucracy wasting away all of the revenue. This country really sucks my ass when it comes to fiscal responsibility. War might be expensive but its only about half of the problem.