All Things Pro-Hillary

Soxy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 14, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
:headbang

Isn't it a different country they give the losing SB shirts to every year?

Yeah that too. Just made me think of similar examples. I remember during the first Gulf war, some of the surrendering Iraqi soldiers had on Super Bowl t-shirts for the losing teams.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 14, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Check out Obama's put-off of the female reporter in this clip. He also never answers the question.

"hold on one second, sweety!" I wonder how his lady voters like that one?

He has since apologized:

"Hi Peggy. This is Barack Obama. I'm calling to apologize on two fronts. One was you didn't get your question answered and I apologize. I thought that we had set up interviews with all the local stations. I guess we got it with your station but you weren't the reporter that got the interview. And so, I broke my word. I apologize for that and I will make up for it.

"Second apology is for using the word 'sweetie.' That's a bad habit of mine. I do it sometimes with all kinds of people. I mean no disrespect and so I am duly chastened on that front. Feel free to call me back. I expect that my press team will be happy to try to make it up to you whenever we are in Detroit next."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)

Yeah, and we know that that makes it all better. His momentary lapse of judgement in using a condescending term towards a woman doing her job, creating a hostile work environment and displaying his utter lack of respect towards women is all forgiven. Good thing he didn't use a bat in any way.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
Yeah, and we know that that makes it all better. His momentary lapse of judgement in using a condescending term towards a woman doing her job, creating a hostile work environment and displaying his utter lack of respect towards women is all forgiven. Good thing he didn't use a bat in any way.

a LOT of people use the word sweetie or dear or sugar.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
a LOT of people use the word sweetie or dear or sugar.

He's just trying to get a rise out of you. You know, all liberals are the same.

This is the same crap as when McCain mislabels something, or whatever. Blah blah blah. If we are going to make a big issue of things this small, then no one will ever be a decent candidate.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 14, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)

He should have used the C-word like McCain did towards his wife.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)
He should have used the C-word like McCain did towards his wife.

Prove it. So far, the only person we know that used it is that phony religious guy working for Huffpo at a townhall meeting.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 15, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
Prove it. So far, the only person we know that used it is that phony religious guy working for Huffpo at a townhall meeting.

If you're going to bash Obama please find something relevant to bash. And no, jaywalking is not relevant.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:08 AM)
If you're going to bash Obama please find something relevant to bash. And no, jaywalking is not relevant.

How about you both let it go. I mean seriously, none of that s*** is important, and its certainly not worth flooding the thread with snark over.

Looks like Obama needs more geography lessons. First it was 60 states, now Arkansas is closer to Kentucky than Illinois!

http://polwatchers.typepad.com/pol_watcher...-says-hell.html

Obama conceded that, if he’s the Democratic nominee, he has a steep challenge in Kentucky — where he trails Clinton by 27 points in the Herald-Leader/WKYT Kentucky Poll — and West Virginia, where voters chose Clinton over Obama by 40 points on Tuesday.

“What it says is that I’m not very well known in that part of the country,” Obama said. “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known — not only because of her time in the White House with her husband — but also coming from a nearby state of Arkansas.”

If proximity mattered, wouldn't Obama be better known?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 19, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
Is that a hemi?!?! Apparently Obama was an SUV driver before he got a Chrysler 300c. And now that he was called on it, his campaign leased him a hybrid.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12703

Article is from 2007.

EDIT: I'm quite certain this was discussed in here a year ago. Not sure why it needs to be resurrected.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
Article is from 2007.

Well, it is a fair point, even if its old.

I do wonder though...as many times as I've heard people complain about the little random anti-Hillary posts that kept popping up here and how much that made them like Obama less...now that we're seeing random anti-Obama nuggets thrown in by the Republican people, will that provoke the same sort of Anti-McCain response?

I'll leave the answer to you to think about.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
Article is from 2007.

EDIT: I'm quite certain this was discussed in here a year ago. Not sure why it needs to be resurrected.

If it is that old, my bad. But is is still kinda funny. Nice ride, though.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 19, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
If it is that old, my bad. But is is still kinda funny. Nice ride, though.

BTW - I was very annoyed when I found out he was driving an SUV. I definitely don't think he's perfect.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
Should there be a new thread "All Things Pro McCain, and anti-Obama"?

nah, I don't think so, not until the election at least. As of right now, I see it as a tag-team match with Clinton and McCain vs. Obama.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ May 18, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
Looks like Obama needs more geography lessons. First it was 60 states, now Arkansas is closer to Kentucky than Illinois!

http://polwatchers.typepad.com/pol_watcher...-says-hell.html

Obama conceded that, if he's the Democratic nominee, he has a steep challenge in Kentucky — where he trails Clinton by 27 points in the Herald-Leader/WKYT Kentucky Poll — and West Virginia, where voters chose Clinton over Obama by 40 points on Tuesday.

If proximity mattered, wouldn't Obama be better known?

Well, it's not nearly as good as his excuse as the fact that somehow fox news is costing him votes in Kentucky.

Fight on Hillary, fight on!

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/pos...GYxYWIxMjA1MWI=

A Good Night For Hillary's Case for the Popular Vote

All numbers from CNN:

Hillary's vote margin in Kentucky, with 100 percent reporting: 249,374.

Obama's vote margin in Oregon, with 88 percent of precincts reporting: 94,668.

Hillary's gain in the popular vote margin last night, as of now, no matter which states you count: 154,706.

According to the RealClearPolitics math, Hillary now leads if you count Florida and Michigan AND if you count the estimates of caucus states Iowa, Nevada, Maine and Washington. If you don't count the caucus states, she leads by an even wider margin.

If you count Florida (where all of them were on the ballot) but not Michigan (where only she was), Obama leads by 146,786. Could she make that up in the remaining contests? There are two small, probably pro-Obama states (South Dakota and Montana) remaining and one pro-Hillary territory, Puerto Rico. The last one is an open primary (Operation Chaos!) with 2.4 million registered voters. By the way, the island had 81.7 percent turnout in the 2004 general election, and the one poll that has been done there put Hillary ahead by 13 percent.