4/24 Gamethread: Sox (11-9) vs Yankees (12-10), 7:11 WGN

rangercal

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Unreal, a terrible throw by Dye. Anything close to the plate, and Giambi is out by a mile.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
A good throw by Dye would have nailed Giambi by a mile .

Thank God we don't use the metric system.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Sox might want to start throwing Abreu some offspeed pitches. These 89 to 91 mph fastballs by our pitchers is perfect for his approach.

we gotta start busting him in when he gets the count in his favor...when he gets a count hes trying to drive it the other way

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Though the runs are earned we should've been out of that inning. A throw by Dye on target and the inning's over.

Apparently, only the fans can see that Jermaine's been in decline out there for 2 years. Like the team's infatuation with Juan Uribe (and Mackowiak in center), I guess certain mysteries are only understood properly by Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Though the runs are earned we should've been out of that inning. A throw by Dye on target and the inning's over.

So I didn't see this play. But let me guess: did it involve JD not getting lined up properly to make the throw, stutter-stepping to get himself into position, throwing essentially flat-footed and then being off line?

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
Apparently, only the fans can see that Jermaine's been in decline out there for 2 years. Like the team's infatuation with Juan Uribe (and Mackowiak in center), I guess certain mysteries are only understood properly by Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen.

Im under the assumption (or maybe the hope) that JD will be our DH when Thome is gone... Until then we'll just have to live with his below average defense.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
Won't this game still get played? How's the radar looking?

looks like this should pass in about a half hour and after that should be clear sailing...we are gonna get this thing in

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 02:33 AM)
So I didn't see this play. But let me guess: did it involve JD not getting lined up properly to make the throw, stutter-stepping to get himself into position, throwing essentially flat-footed and then being off line?

No, he kind of jammed himself on the catch, but it shouldn't have mattered. Giambi literally would have been out by 10 feet if the throw was anywhere near home plate.

QUOTE (southsidehawkeye @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 02:33 AM)
Im under the assumption (or maybe the hope) that JD will be our DH when Thome is gone... Until then we'll just have to live with his below average defense.

That would be in two years, and both will have their deals up.