4/24 Gamethread: Sox (11-9) vs Yankees (12-10), 7:11 WGN

rangercal

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
Ramirez is 3 for 22 this year, and Greg Walker says his timing has been bad. When you have an idiot like that in charge of your hitting, no wonder you underachieve.

Maybe we can hear another interview from Gellinger who uses video not to break down a swing, but to help them have happy throughts on when they did well. Remember this home run Kong, go to your happy place, your happy place.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Ozzie did this a few years back with Garcia. It makes no sense.

and now Garcia's shoulder is in shreds

Not that the one night caused it, but it didn't help.

This is dumb Ozzie...I was nodding off and then I realized that Floyd was back on the mound, and now I'm awake again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
It's inexcusable to let Floyd continue after an hour long rain delay.

If you're saying that it puts Floyd at an injury risk, then I could understand that complaint. But if you're going strictly based on performance, I'd rather have Floyd out there than going to Macdougal and Dotel.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 02:30 AM)
If you're saying that it puts Floyd at an injury risk, then I could understand that complaint. But if you're going strictly based on performance, I'd rather have Floyd out there than going to Macdougal and Dotel.

100 pct injury

I wonder what Walks next excuse is going to be for a bad hitting team. Last year it was cold, then the pucker factor. We are in first place and still the team cant hit. We can hit pull home runs, sure as s*** this team can do that. The only saving grace is the fact the the sox brought in a few people who can take a walk.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
Swisher's timing against righty pitchers sucks! If anyone saw Baseball Tonight last night, it's similar to the struggles of Carlos Delgado.

Swisher hasn't done s*** for God knows how long......