4/24 Gamethread: Sox (11-9) vs Yankees (12-10), 7:11 WGN

rangercal

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 03:40 AM)
It's to the point where I almost can't wait for the Kenny/Ozzie/Walker era to end. I know its early, I know theres a lot of games left, but nothing appears to have changed since last year. Nothing.

Ozzie's job is safe this year, but if the Sox are mediocre this season, KW better be fired.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
DJ: "The Sox' offense has really been clicking, it's cooled off as of late, but good pitching will do that to you."

lol, I really wish I lived in Chicago so I could mute and listen to the radio.

A guy gets destroyed against a team, comes in with a 9 ERA. Then 3 hits the sox over 6 innings.

Hawk " Well I understand that "Insert Here" has a 9 ERA and gave up 7 homers in a row in his last start, but...pause.....I cant see how". "He might have the numbers, but this kid knows how to pitch. He just threw another pitchers pitch to Thome, you just tip your cap and come back fighting the next day. I count 9 arm angles, and that pitch I know the radar gun says 84, but with the difference between his fastball and his change our hitters think its 98"

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
A guy gets destroyed against a team, comes in with a 9 ERA. Then 3 hits the sox over 6 innings.

Hawk " Well I understand that "Insert Here" has a 9 ERA and gave up 7 homers in a row in his last start, but...pause.....I cant see how". "He might have the numbers, but this kid knows how to pitch. He just threw another pitchers pitch to Thome, you just tip your cap and come back fighting the next day. I count 9 arm angles, and that pitch I know the radar gun says 84, but with the difference between his fastball and his change our hitters think its 98"

:lolhitting

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)

Hawk is a de facto Chicago legend but he is seriously an awful announcer. Like in Joe Morgan territory.