Help a Soxtalker Out!

Rex Kickass

Hey,

This summer I made a decision to help fight HIV/AIDS in my state, New York. I will be riding the Empire State AIDS Ride from Niagara Falls to NYC in August. This is a 560 mile bicycle tour over 7 days, and I'm committed and excited to do the ride. However, I can't do it alone. I'm looking to raise $3,500 between now and August to help fight the disease, and you can give a secure donation via the internet.

Any and all support would be greatly appreciated. I am riding for AIDS Rochester, an organization that works to educate about the disease and to prevent transmission across a good chunk of the state. You can donate by going to my personal ESAR website, http://ESAR6.kintera.org/rexkickass, and just following the instructions. It is quick and easy. If you can't afford to donate, vocal support is also really welcome.

Thanks,

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
Well, that dude sipping mojitos on the beach on that weblink ain't cycling no 560 miles.

I kid. I signed on the line for ya, now the hard stuff is up to you.

Rock On, RKA! :headbang :headbang

They are Caparinhas thank you very much! And thanks for the donation, Flaxx!

We all have time, talent, and treasure that some organization can use. Most people who give one or more of the three to a worthy cause they believe in, are rewarded ten fold. Thank you for helping in this fight Rex. :headbang

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
We all have time, talent, and treasure that some organization can use. Most people who give one or more of the three to a worthy cause they believe in, are rewarded ten fold. Thank you for helping in this fight Rex. :headbang

Thanks. This is an issue that affects so many people and there's a good chance that we can do a lot to stop or slow the progression of the disease. Thanks for support and your donation.

Hey a quick update. Thanks to you guys, I've raised an additional $135 for the ES AIDS Ride this August. Thanks so much for everyone that have contributed so far and there is still plenty of time to do so even if its just a kind word.

Just click here to do so securely. http://ESAR6.kintera.org/rexkickass

Thanks so much.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2008 -> 02:53 AM)
If I weren't a poor college student, I'd gladly help out monetarily. Regardless of that, good luck in your endeavor and I hope you can reach your goal. This is fantastic.

Wite: its totally cool, and thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow I am going on a training ride for the ESAR. It should be 40 miles round trip from Downtown Manhattan to Alpine, NJ. Apparently this ride contains a hill one mile long plus a ride over the George Washington Bridge.

Click here to see the map!

Did I mention that you can donate to help me raise money for HIV research and prevention? No, well, now I did.

Click here to donate. http://ESAR6.kintera.org/rexkickass

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. As the date for the ride gets closer, the training is starting to get more serious. Although I haven't had a ton of time to do longer rides, the shorter ones are coming along faster and furious. As long as the weather cooperates, I'm out there every morning riding now. I am really looking forward to making this ride happen... but I definitely need your support.

This week I started my big push for more help. I am looking to find 100 $30 donations between now and August 1. If you can be one of those supporters, I'd really appreciate it. Click on the link on my signature, for a website where you can donate securely. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Just a quick update. As the date for the ride gets closer, the training is starting to get more serious. Although I haven't had a ton of time to do longer rides, the shorter ones are coming along faster and furious. As long as the weather cooperates, I'm out there every morning riding now. I am really looking forward to making this ride happen... but I definitely need your support.

This week I started my big push for more help. I am looking to find 100 $30 donations between now and August 1. If you can be one of those supporters, I'd really appreciate it. Click on the link on my signature, for a website where you can donate securely. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rex Kickass

I will make another donation after my camp gets underway. It will be in by August 1. You should be able to count on your friends, and we're all friends here.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 28, 2008 -> 02:23 PM)
I will make another donation after my camp gets underway. It will be in by August 1. You should be able to count on your friends, and we're all friends here.

Except for me. I always felt threatened by his asskickingness.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
Except for me. I always felt threatened by his asskickingness.

shhh, I'm trying to buy him off, I learned that from US foreign policy in the past 60 years.