AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

gavin didnt have a great game, but considering the rain delay...if that is floyds "bad" outings...he is gonna be pretty sucessful...even in giving up 5 in 6 innings, he gave us a chance to win...should never have pitched the 6th, but oh well

i can't remember, can crede hit in the clutch?

and this is coming from a guy who doesn't BELIEVE in "the clutch"!

gutsy performance by floyd, ignoring the final stat line.

oh and by the way, is it just me or did that ump's strike zone have some reaaaally fuzzy edges? it was like a lopsided trapezoid. and i'm not even sure that's geometrically possible. okay, i'm being informed that it IS possible. still, i have my doubts.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Well, don't get me wrong, it's a hell of a job to get a double off Joba at any time....but Quentin had 4 mistake pitches to hit that at bat and finally made it happen. That was by far Joba's worst pitched batter...

Every Party has a pooper that's why we invited you!

Just a quick random thought...

Everyone here accepts Crede as being a very clutch player, maybe one of the most clutch hitters in the league. Ye,t many fail to realize (or wish not to remember) that Crede was our last out in our only loss of the 2005 playoffs, that being Game 1 of the ALCS vs the Angels.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. But yeah, anyway, the guy is clutch.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)

Everyone here accepts Crede as being a very clutch player, maybe one of the most clutch hitters in the league. Ye,t many fail to realize (or wish not to remember) that Crede was our last out in our only loss of the 2005 playoffs, that being Game 1 of the ALCS vs the Angels.

I remember the at bat well. He hit almost the same pitch the very next night off the wall in left.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)

This is a game where succeeding 30% of the time means you're one of the best to play it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 06:00 AM)
I remember the at bat well. He hit almost the same pitch the very next night off the wall in left.

Shockingly, it was the only playoff game I went to. I really thought AJP's was gone.

Great win tonight, beating the Yanks like that should do wonders for the team's mojo.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 01:17 AM)
The White Sox win at the same time that my band gets our song played on Q101, so I get to flip out and be excited for 2 reasons at the same exact time... Coincidence... I think not!

Tonight is a good night. :headbang Go Sox.

Band name??

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:20 AM)
suppose I should have thrown that in there... Plunket

www.myspace.com/plunket Q101 played Baby Steps tonight and Lockdown is actually about the '05 White Sox.. wouldn't mind if you checked it out.

I'll go ahead and do that.. what kind of music is it before I look into it. I love discovering new names in music.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 12:44 AM)
I'll go ahead and do that.. what kind of music is it before I look into it. I love discovering new names in music.

pop-rock... piano, synth, guitar, bass, drums, vocals.. we go for the catchy, radio friendly vibe

let me know what you think.