8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (Cowch @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
I looooove patience at the plate. I really want to see Swish do well.

It is one of the basic theories that people lump with "money ball" Swish is struggling with BA and SLG, but his OPS+ is still 2 points above average since he walks so much

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
SWISH, thanks for not swinging at that garbage.

Not saying he has been, but he's definitely been taking way too many good pitches to hit today, good job nick. OC needs to do something here other than a GIDP.

ARGH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
OC fails to put a hit-and-run into play again:) He's such a bust, it's not even funny! Get him out of the 2 spot.

How can a guy go from being such a solid hitter in the 2 hole to such a bad one in 1 offseason?

Maybe, um, it's time for a rest for him. (See below).

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
Jesus, a GIDP? Anyone object to putting Carlos in the 2 hole?

No, he really should be, and put Cabrera in the 8 spot. However, KW would never admit he made such a blatant error in evaluation of a player.

i can sort of take it when this happens against a soft tossing lefty...but with our new found patience and our ability to pound righty fastballs usually..this shouldnt happen vs. daniel cabrera

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
How can a guy go from being such a solid hitter in the 2 hole to such a bad one in 1 offseason?

Maybe, um, it's time for a rest for him. (See below).

OC's bat speed looks brutal. It has been that way since day 1 of ST. He definitely looks his age now.

OC is just frustrating. REALLY glad we didn't sign him to an extension after we traded for him. Take the picks, admit the failure, and move on.

Whats the FA crop gonna look like for 2B/SS next year? Assuming Richar doesn't do well (and that might not be a good assumption, but we'll see).

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
i can sort of take it when this happens against a soft tossing lefty...but with our new found patience and our ability to pound righty fastballs usually..this shouldnt happen vs. daniel cabrera

We need some more lefties in our lineup!