8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:56 PM)
BAL: 8/9 hitters hitting under .300

CHI: 8/9 hitters hitting under .300

Cabrera: 4.40 ERA

Vazquez: 4.40 ERA

Intangibles: We have Carlos Quentin, they don't.

Yuck. I hate to be so similar to Baltimore. I can't believe Vazquez has the same ERA as that guy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (north side chi sox fan @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
nope

Gotta do everything possible to get the game in then. We go to Minny for Tuesday and Wed and that shouldn't be a hard trip at all travelwise. What maybe an hour and a half flight at the most?

My problem with Uribe is that he is one of the easiest outs in major league baseball.

Yes he runs into a pitch every once in awhile, but players who are consistent easy outs kill scoring opportunities and handicap ballclubs.

I've heard Steve Stone say a couple of times now, "If this next pitch is in the ballpark, Uribe will be swinging." Pretty much sums up my frustration watching Juan. He swings at practically anything and everything. He's kinda like the kid at the playground growing up who you just knew was going to make an out... and everyone was surprised the few times when he actually got a hit.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (rafacosta @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
No, it means how ignorant you are...

I highly doubt the outrageous thought of Uribe cannibalizing his entire family sans the one poster on this board is believable enough that anyone would believe it. Thusly, it being a "bad comment" is not possible. It's a joke.

I don't think I'm "ignorant" because I thought someone making a joke about Uribe's fat ass was funny. Why don't you strike up a cause that's worth getting worked up about?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
I highly doubt the outrageous thought of Uribe cannibalizing his entire family sans the one poster on this board is believable enough that anyone would believe it. Thusly, it being a "bad comment" is not possible. It's a joke.

I don't think I'm "ignorant" because I thought someone making a joke about Uribe's fat ass was funny. Why don't you strike up a cause that's worth getting worked up about?

Canibals are in much better shape tha Uribe. At least the one's from the Soccer plane crash movie were that was how I knew it was a joke.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
Canibals are in much better shape tha Uribe. At least the one's from the Soccer plane crash movie were that was how I knew it was a joke.

You're soooo ignorant.

/lame guy

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Ok, so I'm still waiting for a coherent justification as to how a hitter with a 79 career OPS+ is good. It seems all you can do is seize on somewhat extreme statements on how bad Uribe is and use them for evidence as to why he's good. Either that, or praise Uribe for hitting 20 homers and still somehow managing a slugging percentage in the low .400s or high .300s.

Uribe took him to dinner. Thats pretty much his whole reasoning.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)

I think that the joke might be offensive to Latin peoples in general. Family is very important to them. I took it as a joke, which I am 100% sure that's how it was intended to be and read. The comment may be interpreted wrong, but this in just my feeling that's all. Maybe we have gone to far with the poliitical correctness of everything?

QUOTE (Cowch @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
Yuck. I hate to be so similar to Baltimore. I can't believe Vazquez has the same ERA as that guy.

that guy is going to be a really good pitcher for a long time.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
Is it lonely as the only member of the Juan Uribe fan club.

I'm in the club. Good D and a .230-.240 BA (hopefully soon), combined with his power that comes during hot streaks, and for a #9 hitter, why not? What kind of second baseman bats as many runs in as Uribe usually will? At *worst* let Alexei get some regular AB's in Charlotte once Richar is good to go, and then platoon the two of them. Alex Cintr..err OCab isn't exactly spraying the ball anywhere other than to short for DP's, and from watching his 'gold glove D' this year I've concluded that such a designation means nothing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Cut bait on Uribe. Second basemen are a dime a dozen.

When will Danny be ready. When he's healthy, insert him in lineup.

Richar plays good D, turns a decent dp and should hit better than Juan. Juan is a defensive replacement at this point in his career, he simply cannot get on base.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Richar plays good D, turns a decent dp and should hit better than Juan. Juan is a defensive replacement at this point in his career, he simply cannot get on base.

Has anyone even heard an update on Richar? I never thought I'd say it, but it'd be REALLY good to get Danny fockin' Richar in the lineup.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)

And he bats left-handed

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Has anyone even heard an update on Richar? I never thought I'd say it, but it'd be REALLY good to get Danny fockin' Richar in the lineup.

He was supposed to be ready to start a rehab stint around the first of May... I haven't heard anything new in a while though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
He was supposed to be ready to start a rehab stint around the first of May... I haven't heard anything new in a while though.

Hopefully he doesn't wind up in Ozzie's doghouse because of the Visa issues and become the next BA.

He's lucky that there's largely no competition at 2B, whereas the OF is loaded which hurts BA's PT.

UPDATE: 670 coverage to begin again in 3 minutes.