8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Because he expects a major league hitter to be able to put down a bunt?

Because he expects a hitter who he's had for 3 years already to bunt when he should know his tendencies by now including strengths and weaknesses. Can anyone honestly say with a straight face, they would have any confidence in AJ laying down a bunt? If I was Getz, I would've stole no matter what.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Thats a toss up to me. I can see arguments for and against a bunt there. AJ just did a terrible job.

You only have 3 outs remaining, you are down one, the runner is only on 1st, A.J. is a .300 hitter who never bunts, Q and Crede are behind him, and a righty is pitching. I see no possible way to excuse the bunt.

We deserve the loss we're about to get. Oh well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
Because he expects a hitter who he's had for 3 years already to bunt when he should know his tendencies by now including strengths and weaknesses. Can anyone honestly say with a straight face, they would have any confidence in AJ laying down a bunt? If I was Getz, I would've stole no matter what.

AJ is actually a decent bunter. Just failed right there

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)

I had confidence that he would get it down.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Nobody on this team can bunt, besides maybe Ramirez and Getz.

I wouldn't have confidence in anyone but Getz to get a bunt down. Ozzie and his staff complain about not doing the fundamentals good enough. Well it seems like when players are on this team long enough, it's not enforced strong enough to know how to do it. That's why you should let the player swing. Especially a guy like AJ.