8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
At what point do we decide his near .350 OPS isn't ready for the majors? What a joke!

He's clearly not, but based on those stats for his first 31 at bats, I bet we could find potential HOF guys who started off this season "not ready for the majors" based on that metric.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
At what point do we decide his near .350 OPS isn't ready for the majors? What a joke!

He is looking more and more like Uribe at the plate. Yesterday was abysmal. Why he isn't in AAA right now for a guy that can give CONSISTENTLY DECENT AB's is beyond me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
He's clearly not, but based on those stats for his first 31 at bats, I bet we could find potential HOF guys who started off this season "not ready for the majors" based on that metric.

You could find guys who had no business being in the major leagues a lot easier. Ramirez has to be freezing his ass off. For one thing he has no insulation. He probably would be cold if it was 25 degrees warmer.

I'm as big a BA backer as there is...but lets just settle down a bit.

JD is just not the player he once was and we should trade him while he's still somewhat healthy. Maybe beef up the farm system.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)

At least those guys would have minor league numbers that would suggest they can hit legit pitching.