8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
God Cabrera is awful. What a waste of a starting pitcher.

I don't know how much longer we can have this underachieving 1/2 punch at the top of the lineup. Between just miserable production from our 9 hitter and the Swish/OC combo, I'm shocked we've been able to keep our record where it is.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
I don't know how much longer we can have this underachieving 1/2 punch at the top of the lineup. Between just miserable production from our 9 hitter and the Swish/OC combo, I'm shocked we've been able to keep our record where it is.

I'm just hoping they both heat up with the weather.. maybe.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:06 PM)
Orlando Cabrera's plate discipline is nothing comparable to what was sold at the time of the trade.

The dude had, 2 seasons ago, an on-base string where he got on base at least once every game for 2 months.

That's just not the guy we've gotten so far at all

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 02:50 PM)
JD is just not the player he once was and we should trade him while he's still somewhat healthy. Maybe beef up the farm system.

.882 OPS this season and he was fantastic in the second half last year when he finally got healthy.

I think Jermaine Dye is the most underrated player on this board. I'm not sure how many people realize how good he really is.