Indiana voter ID laws upheld

southsider2k5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
It's sarcastic as crap, yes, but then, seriously, where does the nonsense stop?

While I happen to agree with you and Mr G on the subject generally, I do not think the other side of the issue is nonsense.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
You need to stop, sir.

dude you allow so much sarcasm for Tex, Balta and other lefties then try to reprimand me?

please. might as well ban me now cause that is total bulls***

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
dude you allow so much sarcasm for Tex, Balta and other lefties then try to reprimand me?

please. might as well ban me now cause that is total bulls***

I just re-read the last couple pages, and I don't see Tex or Balta being sarcastic on this subject. I see them making a point, no matter how wrong you may think it is. You are the one who started being ridiculous with calling everything racist.

No one is banning anyone. Just quit with the sarcastic hyperbole, k?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
I just re-read the last couple pages, and I don't see Tex or Balta being sarcastic on this subject. I see them making a point, no matter how wrong you may think it is. You are the one who started being ridiculous with calling everything racist.

No one is banning anyone. Just quit with the sarcastic hyperbole, k?

not just this tread all of em. if there is a new 'no sarcasm' rule i suggest enforcing it on everyone. and they are the ones saying that requiring an ID is racist, which is pretty crazy.

and guess what, my mocking of their complaints is legit. the point i was getting at is 'exactly what isn't a huge hurdle' to voting. is buying a stamp? is using a mailbox? is showing an id? is writing your name?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
not just this tread all of em. if there is a new 'no sarcasm' rule i suggest enforcing it on everyone. and they are the ones saying that requiring an ID is racist, which is pretty crazy.

and guess what, my mocking of their complaints is legit. the point i was getting at is 'exactly what isn't a huge hurdle' to voting. is buying a stamp? is using a mailbox? is showing an id? is writing your name?

Then ask those questions. Don't say everything is racist. You're being sarcastic for no reason other than to provoke them.

No matter how crazy you think their argument is, they don't think so. They aren't saying that just to get a rise out of you, whereas you are.

We're all adults here. Please try to keep it under control. Its not asking a lot.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
Then ask those questions. Don't say everything is racist. You're being sarcastic for no reason other than to provoke them.

No matter how crazy you think their argument is, they don't think so. They aren't saying that just to get a rise out of you, whereas you are.

We're all adults here. Please try to keep it under control. Its not asking a lot.

:lolhitting

done with this

I do not think it is racist. I think long lines at the polls is a mistake. I think long lines at the DMV to have ever American photographed by the state is a mistake. I think this is a solution looking for a problem.

Stopping voter fraud is an admirable goal. But doing so at the expense of legitimate voters while ignoring the biggest source of fraud, absentee ballots, is political grandstanding and pandering for votes.

Now I have to go check my mailbox for my stimulus check :headbang Bush Woot! Gop! :headbang there is some pandering I really like. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 1, 2008 -> 06:57 AM)
I do not think it is racist. I think long lines at the polls is a mistake. I think long lines at the DMV to have ever American photographed by the state is a mistake. I think this is a solution looking for a problem.

Stopping voter fraud is an admirable goal. But doing so at the expense of legitimate voters while ignoring the biggest source of fraud, absentee ballots, is political grandstanding and pandering for votes.

Now I have to go check my mailbox for my stimulus check :headbang Bush Woot! Gop! :headbang there is some pandering I really like. :lolhitting

ok, I just have to... do you even know how to use your mailbox? :D

I keeeeid, I keeeeeid.

:lol:

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 1, 2008 -> 07:12 AM)
ok, I just have to... do you even know how to use your mailbox? :D

I keeeeid, I keeeeeid.

:lol:

I remember from my youth. It's that thing out front with the bricks. Actually, I think the check is being direct deposited. I don't want the government to know what I look like, but they might as well have access to my bank account :P

About 12 Indiana nuns were turned away Tuesday from a polling place by a fellow bride of Christ because they didn't have state or federal identification bearing a photograph.

Sister Julie McGuire said she was forced to turn away her fellow sisters at Saint Mary's Convent in South Bend, across the street from the University of Notre Dame, because they had been told earlier that they would need such an ID to vote.

The nuns, all in their 80s or 90s, didn't get one but came to the precinct anyway.

"One came down this morning, and she was 98, and she said, 'I don't want to go do that,'" Sister McGuire said. Some showed up with outdated passports. None of them drives.

They weren't given provisional ballots because it would be impossible to get them to a motor vehicle branch and back in the 10-day time frame allotted by the law, Sister McGuire said. "You have to remember that some of these ladies don't walk well. They're in wheelchairs or on walkers or electric carts."

Nonetheless, she said, the convent will make a "very concerted effort" to get proper identification for the nuns in time for the general election. "We're going to take from now until November to get them out and get this done. You can't do this like school kids on a bus," she said. "I wish we could."

One threat to America stopped dead in its tracks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)

If it takes from now until November for them to get the damn ID's that they KNEW they had to have before they showed up, they should just go to the grave now.

"One came down this morning, and she was 98, and she said, 'I don't want to go do that,'" Sister McGuire said.
The arrogance in that statement is so over the top it is hard to believe that these are ladies of the cloth. Well, if you don't want to get an ID, then you don't vote. How more plain can that get? Any bets that this is just being done to make a 'statement'?